Looking for a UK newsletter for graphic design newbies

Hi guys,

I’m trying to immerse myself in the field of graphic design, to learn more both about the field (e.g. the business of graphic design) and about how things work (e.g. the art of graphic design). I know next to nothing right now. The plan is to visit here every couple of days, and try to learn… but I’m also interested in a second source. I did a quick search, but there’s a lot out there, and the top posts on google seem a little outdated (well, 2 or 3 years old).

Is there a good newsletter coming out of the UK for newbies? If not the UK, I’ll take anywhere…

And while we’re at it, I’m open to ebook (kindle) recommendations! :slight_smile:

Thanks you all!

Is school not an option for you?
Self-directed study in Graphic Design is not going to get you ahead of the curve. Too many out there.

Hi PD,

I’ve got three kids and a full time job, so going to school is not a realistic option (my wife would have my head on a plate). I’m just doing what I can…!

All suggestions welcome!

It’s good that you are using this time to learn something new. If you are looking for sources, I wouldn’t worry about 2-3 years old (unless they’re discussing newly released features of some software) and I wouldn’t worry about stuff from the UK. As long as it’s in English, or translatable, you will be fine. Find something that sounds interesting, and see how far you get with it.

Thanks SM. Just signed up to Creative Bloq and The Design Kids. We’ll see how it goes!