Hi everyone,
I’m Przemek, the freelancer, and the developer of VectorRaptor, a Windows app for converting raster images into editable vector graphics.
I’m posting because I’d like honest reviews from people who work with graphics.
My main reason for sharing this is to get feedback, especially on real artwork beyond my own test files. I’ve included Pro codes so you can test the complete workflow, including saving and exporting, which are disabled in the demo.
The idea behind VectorRaptor is simple: high-quality, fully editable vectors => made easy. Convert your image, compare it with the original, then refine paths, colours and gradients directly in the app.
It includes:
-
Automatic conversion and manual controls.
-
Editing of paths and nodes, fills and gradients, plus tools for joining and cleaning up shapes.
-
Export to SVG, PDF, EPS, Illustrator-compatible AI, PSD with native shape layers, and PNG.
-
Local image processing — your images stay on your computer.
-
A dedicated photo mode, which converts photographs into coloured vector shapes for SVG export. This separate mode does not support in-app editing or project saving.
I believe the combination of conversion quality and intuitive live editing makes VectorRaptor worth comparing with the strongest tools available.
I’d really like you to challenge that: use the same image in your usual application and in VectorRaptor, then compare the results.
Codes for testing Pro:
-
FIRST10VR100 — 100% off your first month of Pro, limited to 10 total redemptions. This lets you test Pro without the demo’s saving and export restrictions.
-
FIRST100VR50 — 50% off your first month of Pro, limited to 100 total redemptions, if you’d still like to try Pro after the fully discounted code runs out.
Enter a code at checkout while redemptions remain. The limits are shared across all places where I post these codes.
Both offers apply to the first month only. The subscription then renews at the selected plan’s regular price unless cancelled before renewal.
What I’d most like to know:
-
Does the result preserve the details that matter in your artwork?
-
Are the paths practical to edit, and how much cleanup is needed?
-
Is the interface clear and intuitive?
-
Do the exported files work properly in your usual design software?
-
What would stop you from using it again?
There is no expectation of a positive review.
The codes aren’t conditional on posting anything, and constructive criticism is exactly what I’m looking for.
If something fails or another tool handles your image better, I’d appreciate seeing the comparison.
Website, examples and download: vectorraptor.com
Thanks to anyone willing to give it a proper test and share their experience.
Przemek