Looking for education

I took classes for two years in high school for Photoshop and Flash (which i believe is Animate now) i was certified in both at the time, but its been a long time since CC16.

Currently a friend and I have been making websites for local business, and I have been designing small things like take away menus. This is good and exciting, but I am worried that my workload will surpass my knowledge. I have a passing understanding of the key concepts and am looking to build upon that.

If anyone has any leads, I’m looking for online courses that are affordable, and have a chance of being acknowledged by employers (Although this will vary from employer to employer) that would be amazing. So far I have started the Graphic Design courses offered by Coursera, and I like them.

This is my first post on the whole site, so hopefully i did this right!

Welcome aboard :slight_smile:

Here are two reputable online spots that I know of:

Lynda.com - Design training

1 Like

I love Lynda, some access to it is paid only. However, I would check with your local library (if you’re in the USA) to see if you can access it for free. I live in both Pennsylvania and Florida. Where my local Florida library doesn’t have a Lydia account for patron use, my library in Pennsylvania does, and I can access all content on Lynda for free from home or anywhere just using my library card number. So, you never know. Traditional educational resources like the brick & mortar library offer a lot digitally now and for free.

1 Like