Looking for Illustrator Tutorials

Hi all, I’m looking to get better at some of my illustrator skills. Specifically, I’m wanting to create art like the newer ios emojis. Along the lines of the objects, not the faces.
I know this could be some pretty complicated stuff for illustrator with the shading and all, but I’d like to give it a try.
If anybody has any resources, I’d be grateful!

(I’m attaching samples, lets see if it works)

candle_1f56f

From Envato Tuts:

They have some nice ones depending on how detailed you want to get :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you ,RedKittieKat . the website you provide is really helpful. I am a beginner and learning a lot things from the Tutorials . I use my XP-Pen Artist 13.3 Pro drawing tablet with screen for sketching things out in Illustrator with the blob brush. it’s good for the odd sketch and doodle.

I’ve found that just playing around and getting stuck is a good way to learn too. Each time I hit a road block, I look up a solution. I find it’s easier to commit to memory that way.

I used to be interested in drawing with Illustrator too back during my study in desktop publishing and later during graphic design, we had a teacher for Illustrator and I remember asking him one day for a couple good online tutorials specifically for Illustrator and he told me to visit Lynda.com. Lynda.com is now known as LinkedIn Learning, there are some nice tutorials over there:

The tutorials from both Envato which RedKittieKat posted and LinkedIn Learning helped me a lot to learn the features in Illustrator couple years ago.

1 Like