Looking For New/Future Clients

Hey guys, I’d really appreciate some feedback.

I’m a freelance graphic designer and I’ve recently been trying to drum up more leads for my business. (Don’t worry, I know better than to pitch you here.)

I’ve just set up a gig on Fiverr, and since nothing is really happening I was hoping I could get some feedback from this community.

Here’s the gig: https://www.fiverr.com/kylebarkle

Any ideas why it’s not converting? Any help is appreciated

Well, it’s mainly because nearly all crowdsourcing graphic design sites are a gigantic waste of time. Furthermore, they devalue our profession by offering cheap, substandard services to clueless clients.

Sorry, but you will likely never make more than pocket change on the site you mentioned. Your lack of success there isn’t a reflection on you or your abilities. Instead, you’ve signed up at a place that takes advantage of cheap labor by crowdsourcing it out to clueless clients who think they can get something for, essentially, nothing.

2 Likes

I’ve never used online sites for drumming up new clients. All my clients come through word of mouth. It can be tough starting out so be patient. Word of mouth comes with work and experience. If I need more work, I touch base with existing clients or push my social media avenues by posting new work or news. Those two points always come back with a flurry of new quotes and projects.

Just reminding your existing and past clients you exist helps keep you in their mind. Even if they don’t have any work for you today, they may refer you to someone else.

The work you have posted isn’t enough for a portfolio to show skill level and experience. Do you have another portfolio or just the Fiverr page?

1 Like

Where do you show up in the search returns for photo retouching?

You might want to rethink your business model. I’m not sure retouching photos for twenty seven cents is sustainable.

1 Like