Mac OS Ventura 13.0

I didn’t see this one coming (I’m out of the loop these days). Having read the warnings and caveats I’ll upgrade later today.

Before you jump, many of the new features will only be available on M1 Macs.

The following Macs can run macOS Ventura:

• MacBook models from 2017 or later
  • MacBook Air models from 2018 or later
  • MacBook Pro models from 2017 or later
  • Mac mini models from 2018 or later
  • iMac models from 2017 or later
  • iMac Pro (all models)
  • Mac Pro models from 2019 or later
  • Mac Studio (all models)

This means the following Macs, which were previously supported by Monterey, will not be able to run Ventura:

• iMac (models from 2015)
  • MacBook Air (models from 2015 and 2017 models)
  • MacBook Pro (2015 and 2016 models)
  • Mac mini (2014 models)
  • Mac Pro (2013 model: cylinder/trash can)
  • MacBook (2016 model)
2 Likes

Let us know how it goes. On these major upgrades, I always try to stay one version behind for at least a couple of months. Good luck.

1 Like

THE OS is fantastic!
perhaps one the best and smoothest upgrade  apple ever released!
I was very worried over Ventura listening to the Cupertino snobs in June, but they nailed the system and a great carry over from Monterey!
the side apps are a nice feature which I use a lot, I can go from Affinity to pages to safari in nano-seconds and everything is faster that last week!
I high recommend Ventura, which brings out the Snow leopard days!

That’s what people say about every release. Won’t be upgrading for about 6 months. Software glitches and all that.

1 Like

I have not experienced any glitches or beach balls yet, Apple is doing incredible software design since high Sierra. I was incredibly skeptical Monday last week and feared Ventura like Mavericks, but the OS is outstanding and just a better Monterey, which I even put on my MacBook Pro 2012 via OCLP. Ventura might be the best since, well Monterey and Snow Leopard.
and
Time Machine can revert you back to Monterey or Catalina.
I hoped this helped…Ventura is a-mazing!

both Smurf and I have to interface with a lot of other peripherals. A system upgrade is no jumping matter. Things will break, things the average user never even knows exist.

The cylinder barely upgraded to OS11 and ran crappy at that, not surprised it doesn’t support Ventura. I have a new Studio Mac in my future. But not this week.

1 Like

how long did you wait to install Monterey?
me, several months.

We skipped Monterey. It came out too fast after Big Sur.
I got better $$$-making things to do than babysit Apple updates.

2 Likes

Update; everything still works ok - even Ryzom which is really old code. Eve Online graphics reset to low-q for some reason. No problems with VCV Rack at all, which I was worried about.

1 Like

OK I tried to use Stage Manager which adds pop-out windows on the side of your screen for the apps you have open. Very nice and all, but you can only have one window activated at one time, so no drag and dropping from Finder to WhatsApp or Sync etc.

Is there a setting I’m missing ? I have turned it off for now.