Maybe it's kitsch, but I'm so in love with metallic foil!

The colors, the logo’s, the grid, I though i’d share this design with you. I found it on behance the other day https://www.behance.net/gallery/71972791/Flora-Fauna

I’m dying to get to design something like this one day, but damn it’s hard to make shiny metallic look good in a mockup :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

very nice design, I also am in love with foils. Especially foil with matte on top!

1 Like

Yes! What about silver matte wrapped cars? If I could ever afford one.

Some more. Awesome pastels and gold. I would buy this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

There’s nothing kitchy about foil stamping. I just wish I had more clients who valued it enough to want to pay for it.

I’m wondering how that cover was produced — not the foil, but the green images and the fine grid lines on what appears to be black stock.

1 Like

I think metal foils are making a comeback. We’ve done a fair bit of it in vinyl lately.
Metalized “vinyl” is a bear to work with. The polyesters especially. They rip if you look at them funny. Metallized car wrap is more forgiving but expensive as hell!
(we don’t do cars, and certainly not in metallized films. :scream:)

1 Like

I’m a bit spoiled right now … currently designing something that is running as a 10 plate flexo job using holographic foils and embossing. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Those are some very nice examples of foil.

Cool, show when it’s done! :grin: