Mid Week 5 Questions -- Silly Food Debate Edition

I don’t know why, but we have silly food debates in our house. Everyone picks a camp and will defend their side with great voracity. This got me wondering, which do you prefer?

1) Crunchy Cheetos or Puffy Cheetos

2) Nacho Cheese Doritos or Cool Ranch Doritos

3) Waffles or Pancakes

4) Smooth Peanut Butter or Crunchy Peanut Butter

5) Cake or Pie

2 Likes
  1. crunchy
  2. yes
  3. waffles (and chicken)
  4. smooth
  5. pie except for apple (I’m weird)
2 Likes

Neither (too salty fake orange), but if I was starving, I’d probably go for puffy cheetos

Neither, but if I was starving, cool ranch for the same fake orange salty issue as above.

3) Waffles or Pancakes
Both. It just depends.

Crunchy, and I’m the only one in the house that likes crunchy. Sigh. I need to brainwash one of my kids to get on board with it.

5) Cake or Pie
Pie, no doubt about it.

2 Likes

Not even a contest. Crunchy is the superior format Cheeto.

Nacho Cheese.

3) Waffles or Pancakes
I love both, but, all things being equal, I’ll go for pancakes. Nothing like a stack of fluffy buttermilk pancakes with warm syrup – the real stuff from a tree, not a factory.

Smooth.

5) Cake or Pie
I’m not a dessert eater.

1 Like

Puffy.

Cool Ranch–I hate the artificial nacho cheese flavoring.

3) Waffles or Pancakes
Waffles. Easier to put peanut butter on (:

Crunchy

5) Cake or Pie
Pie all the way!

2 Likes

Well … everything listed is good. I’m not a fussy eater, never have been. If someone is making me food or providing it in some way … it would have to be pretty much inedible for me to refuse. That just wouldn’t be polite :wink: LOL

So, based on that, this is strictly as a preference if I was making a choice with both placed in front of me.

Crunchy - The puffs tend to make the roof of my mouth sore

Nacho - The original has always been a favorite

3) Waffles or Pancakes
Waffles - I like to watch the syrup pool up in the little squares

Smooth - I love how melty it gets on hot toast

5) Cake or Pie
Pie - I love a good berry pie and I’m not a huge fan of frosting.

1 Like

I would say all of the above.

3 Likes

I’m not much of a Cheetos or Doritos fan.

Waffles and pancakes are equally good (only on Sunday morning, though).

It’s hard to compare cake to pie since they’re so different, but when it comes to pie, I can be very fussy. Cherry pie is best. Banana cream pie is awful. Mince meat pie doesn’t count since it’s totally inedible. I can’t think of a cake that isn’t good, but devil’s food is best. Well, wait… German chocolate cake is terrible — shredded coconut is like eating wood shavings.

As for peanut butter. Smooth, creamy Jif is best, although Skippy will work in a pinch. The crunchy stuff is too hard to spread, but is still OK. What’s even more important is the jelly — Smucker’s grape jelly is best, but like Skippy, Welch’s will work if the store is out of Smucker’s.

2 Likes

HA. It’s the little things (:

1 Like

I get Welch’s Grape and Strawberry Spread. It’s sooooo good and tastes very grapey and very stawberry-y LOL. And a little goes a long way.

Exactly :smiley:

1 Like

For years I would send my uncle Smucker’s Grape Jelly and creamy Jiff to Germany. Now it’s all available there.

1 Like

I don’t eat either of them, ever.
I don’t usually eat these but if I do, definitely Cool Ranch
3) Waffles or Pancakes
Waffles, hands down.
Crunchy Skippy “natural”
(the jam is made from the Concord grapes on the side fence every fall.)
5) Cake or Pie
Cake I like as long as the frosting is real (as in home made,) not that fake store bought “bettercreme” yuck. I’ll eat any cake put in front of me to be polite though.
Pie I like as long as the crust is flaky, not heavy and dough like. Fresh picked tart cherry or raspberry is best!

We’re weird, we cook most of our own food at home. Frosting made with real butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and milk; and piecrust made with either lard or Crisco, flour, salt and water. That’s it.
Waffles (scratch) might be supper on a night I don’t want to cook much. Or fried eggs and whatever muffins are in the freezer. Sometimes it gets a little more involved. Especially on weekends.

2 Likes

I don’t find that weird at all. I do too. I enjoy the whole cooking and baking process. The only times I might buy pre-made is if I am really in a time crunch from lack of notice. Otherwise I love every sense of home cooking. I even make my own whip cream … soooo much better.

You also mentioned the frosting thing. That’s it for me too. Store bought is so sweet and if you buy a pre made cake the frosting is gritty … blech. But, nothing …and I mean nothing … beast a homemade butter cream frosting or ganache . And they are both fairly easy to make. :slight_smile: I also don’t make waffles at home. I love them … but seem unable to achieve their

This is not food, so doesn’t qualify - maybe use as loft insulation at a pinch
Spread em around on the ground outside the camp as an early warning system
3) Waffles or Pancakes
Pancakes - more taste, more versatile
Crunchy - the kind with one ingredient
5) Cake or Pie
Fruit Cake although I love me a slice of damn fine cherry pie

2 Likes