Mid Week 5 Questions -- The Movie Theater Edition

Oh - those movies are real tear-jerkers. If you ever need a good cry, there’s 3 movies there for 6 hours of pure tears!

1 Like

My oldest son and I were watching a show on PBS one time. I think it was about the Gulf War. Anyway, this soldier was telling his story. His duty was working with a bomb sniffing dog to detect buried bombs or roadside detonation devices. He wasn’t in a platoon; he and the dog would just travel wherever they were needed. Consequently, he never bonded with any other soldiers, but he and his dog formed an incredible bond. The soldier was getting all choked up saying that the Marines wouldn’t send his dog home after the war and put the dog down. My son and I both just lost it and started balling. My wife was in the next room and came running in to see what in the world was wrong.

1 Like

OMG that is awful Steve :frowning: I would have been bawling my eyes out :frowning:

1 Like

The same thing happened when I was watching Hachi, the mother-in-law came in with a plate of sandwiches and a pot of tea and we were balling our eyes out. She didn’t know what happened and thought a relative or a friend had died - so she started crying too, as we were inconsolable and kept blubbering that he died and - but we were incoherent. Well, when she found out it was a movie she wasn’t best pleased, and let’s just say, we didn’t get the sandwiches…

1 Like

1. Have you missed going to the movies?
More than almost anything else during Covid.

2. Do you prefer watching movies at home or in a theater?
If I’m really excited for a movie, I have to catch it in theaters at least once. Watching at home just can’t match the excitement of going to the theater.

3. What’s your favorite movie theater snack?
The classic- awful, artificial, buttery popcorn.

4. Ever sneak snacks or drinks into a theater?
Yes, coffee because I’m terribly exciting.

5. Do you prefer the old school concession stand or the new theaters with waitress service?
I’m not really a fan of either, but I do like being able to have some wine or beer.

1 Like

From a deep corner of my memory Hachi came forth. Yes, I do remember this film; but I was a little older at the time and had a little better control of my emotion. Nevertheless there was a lump in my throat towards the end.

I suppose if I watched both films at the same time in my much younger life, I would cry just as heedlessly.

1 Like