Mid Week 5 Questions -- The Movie Theater Edition

Some theaters around here have recently started opening up within the last couple of weeks. This got me thinking…

1. Have you missed going to the movies?

2. Do you prefer watching movies at home or in a theater?

3. What’s your favorite movie theater snack?

4. Ever sneak snacks or drinks into a theater?

5. Do you prefer the old school concession stand or the new theaters with waitress service?

2 Likes

Nope

I haven’t seen a movie I want to sit still long enough to watch

Sno-caps or Twizzlers and popcorn (gotta stick the twizzlers in the popcorn to get the salt on em)

Snacks. All the time. Who can pay $5 for a box of candy on top of a movie ticket.

5. Do you prefer the old school concession stand or the new theaters with waitress service?
I like the seats in the new theaters, softer, more room, a tray for your food. Wait-service I can take it or leave it. In some places the food isn’t worth paying for that perk.

2 Likes

I rarely go to the movies and haven’t missed it at all.

I much prefer watching a movie from the comfort of my own home . . . drink my own wine, use my own bathroom.

I go for the traditional buttery-flavored popcorn.

Yep. Bottled water or candy. Don’t tell the move theater police.

I’ve never tried one of the new fangled theaters with waitress service.

1 Like

Wait service was a novelty for a while at one place around here. And the nachos were really good. they served beer and wine too. (it was an over 21 theater to boot. NO KIDS! made it the best part.)

There’s an arena-sized concert venue near here where the box seats down on the front crossing row (just behind the “mosh pit”) have wait service. While it’s nice not to have to go outside to get your drinks, the food is absolutely disgusting. Did that twice last year by getting rush seats and buying the box seats from season ticket holders at last minute. Great seats!

1 Like

I don’t go … so nope :wink:

I watch all my movies at home or at the drive-in. I haven’t done the last part in few years though.

When I did go, popcorn with a bag of Peanut M & M’s thrown in.

Sometimes in the past. But, when I used to go it didn’t cost 5 dollars for a candy bar lol :smiley:

The very last movie I saw was Avatar. It was in a new theater and the seats were awesome. They didn’t have a wait service. Just normal concessions. It was in 3D and it was actually quite a nice experience. I’m just not a movie theater person. I think it’s too expensive and ya know … people…

:wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

It was so rare that I wouldn’t know what I’m missing.

These days I prefer doing just about everything at home. That said, I would acknowledge that newer theaters are pretty cool; they’re comfortable, and most importantly (to me) the audio is good.

When I was a kid (and went to theaters a lot more often), it was Milk Duds. Now? Maybe I’d get some popcorn, or if they run a deep fryer there’s probably something that’ll get me to nosh.

I don’t remember ever doing that. Not that I’d remember it any better, but I can imagine having sneaked a few tokes back in some day or other. :relaxed:

I can get behind an expanded menu, but I don’t want to be waited on; leave me alone.

2 Likes

I miss the option of going to the movies and feeling safe while doing so, but in all honesty, going to the movie theaters isn’t a big deal for me. We likely went out to only about one movie per year anyway.

Usually at home, but every now and again it’s nice to do things differently.

None of them. The popcorn is too salty and the butter tastes fake. The candy I can do without and, besides, it costs way too much.

Can’t remember of doing that.

Neither. Like I mentioned, I don’t generally eat snacks in movie theaters. I’ve never heard of waitresses in movie theaters, which likely points to how often I’ve gone lately.

2 Likes

Yes. I live 100 yards from a Regal and have a Regal Unlimited subscription that lets me go to the movies as much as I want. I see everything. But I don’t have any plans to see anything for the foreseeable future. I don’t trust the data coming from the Trump administration, and they’ve made it difficult to assess the actual risk.

Theater, as long as it isn’t crowded.

Coke Icee and Red Rope licorice, which no one sells anymore, so Red Vines, but only if they’re fresh.

Sure, just candy. I have a ‘movie jacket’ that has all sorts of hidden pockets in it.

Never been to one with a waitress, and would never go. I don’t like people fussing over me, and I don’t like it when people eat hot food in a theater. It stinks the place up.

2 Likes

I love that :rofl:

1. Have you missed going to the movies? not really

**2. Do you prefer watching movies at home or in a theater?**ironically in theaters

**3. What’s your favorite movie theater snack?**Cherry Twizzlers or mike and Ikes

**4. Ever sneak snacks or drinks into a theater?**hell yeh see #3

**5. Do you prefer the old school concession stand or the new theaters with waitress service?**not sure never been to one with a waitress

2 Likes

Kinda but I was never a regular. You sometimes see a movie on TV and think ‘This would be so much better on a big screen’.

Cinema is preferable, as long as 1) it’s not too loud and 2) there’s no-one else there making a noise

There was a famous occasion when my bag of Malteasers split and they ran all own the aisles … (crunch crunch crunch as people walked out)

no

I haven’t seen waitress service in our cinemas for 40 years

3 Likes

I have recently started going again - love the cinema. Saw Tenet, didn’t think much of it.

Both. I have a movie room in my house, exclusively for movies/sports

Nachos, with melted cheese and jalapenos - popcorn - XXL coke (sugar free though, I’m not a savage).
My wife buys Revels or Aero Mint (but steals my popcorn and that makes me soooo angry!)

Sure, but not sure if sneaking is the right word if it’s just in a plastic bag I am holding.
Not that strict with here, I guess…

I prefer both. I went to a cinema before that had a waiting service, and it was great, got my popcorn when the movie started, got my nachos 30 minutes later, and then a hot dog an hour later.
Freed up my hands going in. Only downside to it was when I went in to the recliner seat, I pushed the button to recline, sparks flew, and the power went out in the whole theatre. Delayed the movie for half an hour. But all was good in the end.

2 Likes

Ha! :laughing: :grin: I think I would have changed seats at that point. There’s nothing like being electrocuted to ruin a good movie.

1 Like

The movie wasn’t The Green Mile by any chance, was it?

3 Likes

Maybe next time I’ll bring my own seat!

1 Like

What a movie - Michael C Duncan (RIP) - makes me cry every time. My wife won’t watch it anymore, which makes it even weirder when I’m sitting alone, in the dark, in the movie room, drinking a bottle of wine, drunk, crying - the only way it gets any weirder for me watching this movie is if I was in my nip!

2 Likes

The only film I ever remember crying over was “Old Yeller”. I was just a mere kid and never knew sadness.

Films that scared me witless were numerous, however.

1 Like

If you found Old Yeller tough, never watch Hachi!

1 Like

… or Marley & Me

2 Likes