Mid Week 5 Questions — The Zzzzzz Edition

Last night was a rare night. Between trouble getting to sleep and a boatload of dreams, I feel like I napped all night rather than getting a good night’s sleep. What’s your sleep like? Inquiring minds want to know.

1. How much sleep do you need . . . a full 8 or can you get by on less?

2. When you get in bed, do you typically go right to sleep, watch TV, read. other?

3. Shower before bed or when you get up?

4. What’s your beverage of choice to get you going in the morning?

5. Are you a napper?

2 Likes

I can get by on 6-7 hours most of the time

2. When you get in bed, do you typically go right to sleep, watch TV, read. other?
I usually do the iPhone thing for 30mins or so

In this weather - both

A pint mug of black tea

5. Are you a napper?
No I either sleep for hours or I stay awake - I can’t do like 10mins napping

2 Likes

I like our new questions and answers segment Steve :smiley:

I have a very whacked out sleeping arrangement with my body. I have bouts of insomnia followed by near coma induced sleep periods :wink: On average I sleep about 6 to 7 hours and then just wake up. But, every few weeks I go into a cycle of insomnia where I am up for nearly 2 days and then sleep for 12 hours. Yep, it’s weird, odd and no one knows why LOL … it’s just me :slight_smile:

I watch YouTube for about an hour and then I’m ready to fall asleep. Occasionally I’m so tired I’m out when my head hits the pillow.

When I get up. Can’t stand going to bed with wet hair. And I would be too tired to bother drying it :wink:

If I am home … Tea … if I’m up and out on the road … coffee.

5. Are you a napper?

I can be … but not too often. My naps turn into hours of sleep. I never could figure out how to power nap … I would wake up 2 hours later lol :smiley:

3 Likes

6.5 - 7 hours. If I get less than 5 hours of sleep I can wake up feeling energized and upbeat, but end up crashing around 6 or 7 that night.

I’ll just by lying down for 30 minutes to an hour, trying to fall asleep. Sometimes I’ll literally be there all night trying to sleep. I have a routine where I don’t use any sort of screen device for 1.5-2 hours before bed.

I always shower before bed because I run 3-6 miles every night and I’m usually pretty sweaty. If I feel I need it I’ll shower in the morning, like before a meeting or if I got really hot overnight. On weekend mornings I always shower.

I drink 2 glasses of water when I first wake up, then coffee on my way out the door.

5. Are you a napper?
Absolutely not. If I take a nap I wake up groggy and disoriented. I just feel completely off. I’ve tried quick naps, but nothing ever really happens.

2 Likes

I really need a full 8 hours of sleep.

I’ll either go right to sleep or maybe watch a little YouTube to wind down.

I always shower at night. Can’t stand to get in bed without showering.

Spring / Summer = water. Fall / Winter = hot green tea.

5. Are you a napper?
I love naps. Especially on days when I don’t get the 8 hours of sleep.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like
    I prefer 8, can do 7, am useless on 6 or less.

I like to read until I fall asleep and drop the book on my face. I read small books.

Before bed.

Monster Khaos

5. Are you a napper?
    I will wake up early on a weekend just to have time for a nap later.

2 Likes

Nap with a pitbull. You get about 30 minutes, then a stretch-kick to the liver. :grimacing:

1 Like

That gave me a giggle :smiley:

1 Like

lmaoooo … sounds like quite the work-out :smiley: :smiley:

I accidentally replied on the last thread with the similar title.

I think I can get by on less, but the mind is the first thing damaged by insufficient sleep.

Any of the above, depending on what mood my wife is in.

Usually when I get up. Only before bed when I’ve skipped the routine.

Real milk, according to the new FDA classification of the term.

5. Are you a napper

Occasional accidental napper.

2 Likes

You learn to sleep fast or cuddle with her feet facing out.

Yes, I spoon with my dog.

1 Like

Seven to seven and a half and I’m good. I can get by on less for a couple of days, but I start dragging on day two.

I get in bed and am asleep within just a few minutes.

When I get up. Shower before bed, and my hair will be pointing in every direction the next morning.

I don’t eat or drink anything in the morning.

Not unless I’ve gone two or three days without enough sleep at night. That doesn’t happen often, though. I really dislike falling asleep during the day or evening. It makes me feel disoriented and groggy for hours afterwards and makes it difficult to sleep that night, which sets the stage for a groggy next day.

3 Likes

I have 3 kids, my body won’t let me get more than 8, even if I have the opportunity my body wakes me up. I’d say I need 7 … but oddly enough I do pretty well on 5 for a few days, but I can’t do more than a few days on 5 hours of sleep.

I go right to sleep. I don’t have a TV in my bedroom. I watch my TV, ready a book to mess around on my phone or tablet out in the living room, but once I head to bed all that stuff is “off”.

When I get up.

Water.

5. Are you a napper?
As I’ve gotten older I will admit, I love, love, love naps. Oh man. I was laid off once 4 years ago and had some “down time”, and I have to tell you after the kids went to school and my wife went to work I looked forward to nap time. Ha. Don’t get me wrong, I cleaned up around the house, I was job hunting, I was watching things on Netflix, etc. But napping in the middle of the day was amazing. Ha!

3 Likes

Sleep? Interesting concept!

Bed?

All the time.

Coffee.

5. Are you a napper?
WTF?

2 Likes

I just need more. I get 5 hours. Then I wake up. No matter what.

I intend to watch some TV, but always go right to sleep. Hell, I’ve been up 19 hours!

When I get up. I couldn’t go out in the world in fresh-out-of-bed condition.

20 oz. of chilled water; very first thing. It’s a more profound re-hydration sensation than I’ve ever gotten any other way. Tried it once and never stopped. Another 20 ounces about an hour later. Don’t like coffee.

Never on purpose. What? I gotta wake up? Again today?

3 Likes