Mutliple strokes to a clipping mask?

It doesn’t seem possible? Have I missed something? From the image here you can see what I’m trying to create, which I’ve done by another method but a more elegant solution would be a round cornered clipping mask, clipping the dark blue segment and with a paler blue fill and 2 strokes, white in front of a dark thicker stroke behind the white. If I fill the mask with the lighter blue and then apply clipping the dark blue, the fill of the mask is lost and applying a new fill covers the clipped segment.

Mask and multiple strokes

Assuming you are using Illustrator…
There may be other ways but this is what I’d do:
Make two rectangles. One dark blue, one light blue, butting together at the seam.
Create a round corner clipping mask. Copy it but don’t paste it.
Use the round corner mask to clip the two rectangles.
Paste in place (giving you a copy of the clipping mask over the shapes.
Apply white stroke to this.
If using for any kind of vector scalable art or logo or die-cut etc., I’d probably outline the stroke as well.

Yes, thank you Print, (apologies, yes it is Illustrator) that would also work as long as the final paste is not a clipping mask so as to apply the multiple strokes. It seems a fairly basic task to be able to multi stroke a clipping mask but apparently either Adobe can’t do it, or they don’t consider it important. I remember even Macromedia Freehand could do this 15 or 20 years ago and it didn’t obliterate any clipped objects when a fill was applied unlike Illustrator.

I see no reason to use a clipping mask. Clipping masks can be useful, but speaking of elegance, I’ve always regarded them as something of a last resort when other methods won’t work. However, I’ve been using Illustrator since version 1, so a lot of my work habits were formed back then when there were fewer means to an end.

Anyway, there are always multiple ways to do things in Illustrator.

Here’s what I did.

Drew a rectangle and rounded the corners. Colored it blue and stroked it.

I expanded the rectangle, which created separate shapes for the inner rectangle and the stroke, which was now a filled shape.

I selected the superfluous stokes that are always created when doing something like this, then deleted them. I colored the outside remaining stroke black.

Finally, I split the rectangle in two and colored the left section dark blue.

Yes, thank you Just, I think that’s a better solution, now why didn’t I think of that? I agree about masks too.