My Fashion Brand Logo

As an experimental exercise in typography, it has merit. As a commercially viable logo, it’s unreadable.

Your name might not present a challenge in Arabic, but it’s somewhat unfamiliar in other parts of the world. Writing it out as you’ve done in a highly stylized manner makes reading it even more challenging. For that matter, until I knew what it said, the logo was utterly unreadable. You might as well have written it out in Arabic.

In design, form usually follows function. Here, you’ve placed form ahead of function. If you intended only to create a nice-looking piece of abstract Latin typography, maybe it works. But as a commercially viable logo that serves as a recognizable brand, it’s confusing. It might be memorable, but for all the wrong reasons.

1 Like

+1 what he said. :arrow_up:

I dont know but I do I feel that this does not look that visible at all, or is it just me lol?

Nope … not just you :wink:

I have no idea what that says.

If I have to work to figure out a name … I’ve already moved on to something else that I can decipher.

Your mark, logo, identity … whatever you want to call it needs to be instantly recognizable or folks will bypass it without a second glance.

1 Like

It takes roughly the same amount of time to design something that readers understand, or “design” something that readers don’t.

I actually believe that it takes longer to come up with a bad design.

exactly, no matter how beautifully complicated you make, it will never be engaging unless you make it readable or lets make it easy, it has to be Simple enough! that’s the easy formula.

I hope I don’t sound too cynical in saying this, but the difference between a designer and an artist is that designers solve problems.

Totally appreciate this is purely a project for fun, but what problem are you solving with this, who is your target audience, what kinda clothes does this hypothetical company produce and why have chosen to go a minimalist direction?

1 Like

@pluto spot on!