My first graphics design

What was the design brief that led you to this conclusion?
Without that, we canā€™t give you a critique.

1 Like

Also ā€¦ be careful with using stock images. You canā€™t use them in a logo. That winged heart is all over the internet :wink:

And without knowing any reasoning for your piece, the only other thing I will say is lose the blurring shadow. It makes it hard to read.

Other than that ā€¦ Welcome Aboard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know the story behind the design, so I canā€™t really comment on how well your work does the job it was meant to do.

One thing I can say, though, is that itā€™s generally not advisable to decorate typography too much since doing so impairs its readability.

1 Like

With no knowledge on the reason for this design, I would revisit this. There are currently 5 different types of illustration/style going on here with no uniformity among it.

The wings are a flat illustration, the main heart is super detailed in a smoothened ā€˜pop artā€™ sort of style, David J Ihuah can only be read based on the 3D effect, with the 3D effect in the next line going in the other direction and completely different styleā€¦ then the 2nd heart is just a linear gradient along with the ellipses. Then thereā€™s the whole light source on the period of ā€˜Jā€™, which is an entirely different effect and does not blend well with any of the other stylesā€¦

1 Like

I was told to design something with an image of a heart with wings and that was the name I was told to use. Plus, ā€œa man after Godā€™s heartā€ is also included.

Oh, thanks a lot for that. Iā€™ll refrain from using stock images.

Oh, all right. Thanks a lot, Iā€™m new in this. I guess Iā€™ll design another and send to you for accessment.

Noted!
Thanks a lot.

So is it a logo or is it a ā€œsigā€?

Graphic design has a purpose behind it, a message to convey.
If this is just sig art, as long as it pleases you, itā€™s fine.
As a logo, there is a lot more wrong with it than using stock art.

I made this for a friend, heā€™s taking it as both a signature and a logo. Please, tell me my mistakes. Iā€™d love to improve.
Thanks.

Simplify. Thereā€™s too much stuff going on here and itā€™s all competing with each other for attention.

So this was a ā€œjobā€? Not an assignment?

If it was a job your client did half the work telling you all the things to include. Itā€™s really your job to know his business goal and then you tell him what the design will be. This design doesnā€™t really explain anything. Is he a preacher? Why is he a man after Godā€™s heart? What will this be used on? Tshirts?

If it was an assignment itā€™s not a good one. Again we donā€™t usually get told what pieces to use to make a product. Other than the product itself.

Like others have said, itā€™s pretty unreadable. One of my instructors told us, ā€œThe goal of words is to be readableā€.
There are 2 parts of graphic design: the logo and the way to sell the product, such as an ad, packaging or outreach.
From now on when approaching your designs:
Define the clients business
Define their customers
Tell their customers what to do, why to buy this.

in the future design a project that looks like we spent an hour on.
and something that the client cannot create. (smiley face)
i hope this helps.

Can you please give some feedback on my postā€¦I really want some one guidanceā€¦