Name of design/ornament

that is exactly what the istock EULA says. That you can’t stockpile and use content downloaded 30 days after the end of your subscription.

Once again, for non-subscription, using Getty Images EULA as an example, which IMO is pretty similar to most other large stock houses, states:

“Royalty-free content is licensed for worldwide, unlimited, perpetual use” and later clarifies by stating “Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content. Worldwide, meaning content can be used in any geographic territory. Unlimited, meaning content can be used an unlimited number of times. Any and all media, meaning content can be used in print, in digital or in any other medium or format.”

So in Getty Images case, you could license their content with no end date and being used an unlimited number of times.

Bottom line, read the EULA and use appropriately.

As I said, read the Eula pertaining to the stock site. Some dont allow it at all. I thought iStock was one that didnt allow it.

If in doubt you would need to contact the vendor.

I thought another thing not allowed was using the same image for multiple clients. if you have two clients and both want the same image you needed to but it twice or for each client. As the licenses are in effect transferred to the client.

I might be wrong as the EULA seems to be worded differently since the last time I delved into them.

I will look later, and thanks for bringing this my attention. The joys of using a phone to reply, very hard to get the info and reply back with researched answers.

Anyway, stockpiling isnt allowed in some cases and it would be covered in the EULA if its not allowed.

As has been said, always check the EULA. Most stock art licenses don’t allow a transfer of the license to the client. They allow the client to use the artwork in what was designed for them, but the license remains with the person/company that purchased it from the stock agency. The designer can set up a separate account for the client and purchase the license for the client in the client’s behalf, but the designer can’t generally purchase the license through his or her account, then transfer that license to the client.

Indeed - I have done a lot more research into different EULAs and where similar there are some differences.

And a lot different than I remember! I guess it’s a stark reminder to myself to repeatedly check the EULAs! And be mindful of what I tell others!

Thanks, it’s always great to get a refresh, thanks @CraigB and @Just-B

Just to clarify the stockpiling issue - and sorry if I added confusion to it! Was not my intention.

As I mentioned, some sites don’t allow it, where iStock do to an extent, they have rules based on how the image is bought.

Stockpiling subscription downloads - subscription licenses only remain valid if you use your file in a project within 30 days of your subscription ending

Apologies for my shortcomings on this! Learn something new everyday!

Thanks everyone! Knowing is half the battle!

If you have a sales rep and contact the site directly (Getty/iStock being a prime example) you can set up the license in the client’s name under your account. But you have to do some back and forth. It isn’t something you do using the online order form. We have sales reps for the major stock companies that I contact. They change often though. High turnover.

@ekallaur,
It can be Classic Bars or Elite Ornaments.

Best