Need feedback on my website

Hello everyone!
I developed VAT calculator progressive web application called Vatulator

I would like to hear feedback:

• Is the website handy to use?
  • Do you like the design?
  • What should I improve to make calculator better?

Spotted this on another forum too. How are the changes going from the feedback there?

Yes, I collect people’s opinions to understand how to redesign the interface to make it better

G’day @antony_kidless :beers:

I like the name and logo, regarding the webapp itself, feedback is as follows…

Is the website handy to use?
What should I improve to make calculator better?
Am not in the UK and am unfamiliar with VAT - so can’t offer anything here.

Do you like the design?
In all honesty: nah mate, the black boxes on the white background have way too much contrast, I think I get that you want to add emphasis to the calculator, but it actually makes it hard to read the text and input fields. The coloured boxes also don’t seem consistent with the rest of the page so much so that they look like a completely different website.

Would recommed using a subtler choice of colour if you’re commited to the boxes, otherwise making them white without borders so they seem like part of the page.

Am actually doing some UI stuff at the moment myself, would recommend you check out some of the tips here: https://medium.com/refactoring-ui/7-practical-tips-for-cheating-at-design-40c736799886

Out of interest what language did you code it in?

Of course, that is understandable. I just wondering if you are applying those suggestions - what stage are you at, and when the next release is based on feedback.

Sorry for suggesting otherwise. I was more curious where in the design process you were and what feedback was being implemented so far.

I will let you know about it as soon as I make changes on the website

I think is quite a nice web design, even if it just a screenshot. And I think it looks like handy to use. But actually, the choice of colour can make more change. In my choice, I will use bright colour because a bright colour can make me feel relax.

I think is quite a nice web design, even if it just a screenshot.

You can see the site here vatulator dot com

But actually, the choice of colour can make more change. In my choice, I will use bright colour because a bright colour can make me feel relax.

You are not the first person to advise removing black. I’ll try to make a light version.

Don’t mind the black at all. It’s the dark green with turquoise bars that bothers me more.

Got it! Thank you for your advice.

A post was split to a new topic: Website Design

The color of CTA buttons “Remove VAT” and “Add VAT” is a little bit too contrast and not good looking in my view.