Need help redesigning a logo ( in need of ideas)

Our brief tasks us to redesign a logo of an overseas product to appeal to the South African market. I chose the product Reese’s peanut butter cups as it is youthful, humorous and their branding overseas is quite similar or even better than the branding of candy in South Africa. However, I am struggling to come up with ideas on how to redesign the logo of the peanut butter cups. I feel like I should keep the well-known Reese’s script font as I am only supposed to be redesigning a product logo from the various Reese’s products and not the whole brand but if anyone has some ideas, it would be much appreciated. :slight_smile: (btw- the image I have attached is the logo of Reese’s peanut butter cups, not my work)

It sounds to me like you’re asking us to do your homework for you. That won’t help you in the long run. I’d suggest you follow these steps to see what you can come up with on your own.

• Define a persona or avatar for the client’s customer.
  • Create a mood board to reflect the persona’s taste.
  • Market research into competitor’s branding (other candies in South Africa).
  • Spend a week sketching concepts.
  • Narrow the concepts down to the best 15 to 20.
  • Post those sketches here for feedback.
  • Based on feedback, select the 10 strongest options to build in AI.
  • Post those logos here for feedback.
  • Narrow it down to your strongest option.
1 Like

Don’t rebrand it to Feces Pieces.
Start with research
https://www.google.com/search?q=butter+cup+logo&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE954IE954&sxsrf=ALeKk02jwozoH0qxW-t-2HvMjBn8ecFSsA:1626375312083&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiW1P2V4OXxAhVNUMAKHXC3CgIQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1322&bih=602

https://www.google.com/search?q=south+african+chocolate+brands&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE954IE954&sxsrf=ALeKk01FJIrQe-0zSG-wcKui4U7oH2CaaQ:1626375333260&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjHnoqg4OXxAhXgRkEAHY3CAMEQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1322&bih=602

https://www.google.com/search?q=south+african+heritage&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE954IE954&sxsrf=ALeKk01XryGIUGmlYxFqI4_c8Pjm4awYRA:1626375386312&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi6lLC54OXxAhVJZMAKHRtACtsQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1322&bih=602

Use imagination, research, ingenunity, and start sketching out ideas.

Firstly, thanks for replying! Secondly, I didn’t mean for it to come across as me asking anyone to do my assignment for me lol, I’ve just been going through a bit of a creative block and was just hoping for an idea that I could use as a starting point. This is also my first time posting on here so I wasn’t sure what kind of questions to ask or how to go about getting help for these kind of things but thank you so much. Your advice is appreciated.

Are you sure you understood the brief? From your description, the brief seems to suggest redoing a logo that’s less-than-ideal for a South African market.

I’ve never been to South Africa, but I can’t see much about a Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup logo that strikes me as somehow wrong for South Africa. Why would you choose to redo something that is already a good fit and, as you mentioned, possibly already better than some of the local candy labels?

If it were me, I’d pick a logo that was more clearly not geared toward South Africa. For example, a pizza logo that uses the New York Skyline or a Japanese logo that uses the crazy, electric color combinations popular in Japan.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Reeses is simply too established and well known. You really so need to chose something more local to South Africa.