Needing some advice on fetching data

Hi guys

Wondering if someone could give me some advice. I need a simple site where I put in a LONG LAT GPS bearings into a text box, and it automatically gives me the shortened url for the google maps and google street view and also a QR code. (e.g. https ://goo.gl/maps/PZKyAkAnrqwboRC36) I do this manually, but I have a LOT of these to produce, would be so handy to have an automated site, nothing fancy. Where would I start with something like that? I am wanting to research it myself, but may need to hire someone in the future.

Thanks in advance!

Since this is a graphic design forum, it might be more productive to locate an online forum, Facebook or LinkedIn group that discusses GIS technology. The technical side of GIS isn’t something that most graphic designers get involved with.

You mentioned “simple site,” but unless you can find a tool that already exists to do what you’re needing, the programming to make it happen doesn’t sound simple. For a low-cost place to start researching, Google has released lots of APIs for their maps that might be worth looking into, but I’m sure you already know that.

Thank you :slight_smile: