New to the forum and new to the field

New to this forum as well as the field. Looking to network with seasoned designer as i am nearing the end of my schooling with just over a year left before i get my bachelors degree. Would love to get some practice in and be able to put some solid projects into my portfolio as well as learn from you all

Welcome to forum @Painterdaddy. I would suggest you to start finding an internship because it’ll help you a lot in future as you’ll get to learn new things faster. Here is the example of a designer’s portfolio if you wish to see how a designer’s portfolio looks like.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
Because entry level positions in the design field not only require that 4 year degree, but also usually a minimum of 2 years experience in the real world, I’d jump on any internships or part time jobs you can land. Freelance gigs as a student don’t count for much. That work can even be production work in a sign shop or printer, so don’t discount that.

There are a lot of seasoned designers on this forum. But given the current collapse in the studio environment (not to mention the pandemic where everyone that can is working from home) there aren’t a lot of opportunities to become an acolyte directly. But don’t give up trying.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum…

one of us. one of us. one of us. one of us. one of us.

heh. youre in the same mess as all of us. #covid

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum! :slight_smile:

1 Like