NFL Helmet Designs

One of my mental hobbies is observing and analyzing sports “liveries” (mostly motorsports, but stick-and-ball team branding and uniforms often creep in too). This morning I happened upon this demonstration of unsolicited and unofficial NFL helmet redesigns that I though was interesting. The article writer offers some critique with each example, but I wouldn’t attest to any true added value there.

It’s worth mentioning that there is no “before” image accompanying these redesigns, so you’d have to already know, or look up, the existing designs to form a basis of comparison.

https://thesportsdrop.com/artist-reveals-absolutely-incredible-helmet-designs-for-all-32-nfl-teams/

1 Like

Right off the top, with the Bucs helmet, the writer shows their naivete.
The top one is infinitely better than the blob on the bottom one (cuz that’s how it’ll read from the field - as a slightly ship-shiped blob.)
But you did say the commentary wasn’t what it was about, huh? LOL!

The NFL could do some really cool things with their uniforms and helmets, but they want to remain stuck in the 60s I think. Maybe that’s the demographic they serve too. You can dye sub all kinds of imagery onto polyester Spandex, but maybe it would look too much for some sportsfans? Considering how fans reacted to the Florida Gators attempt (which I happen to like) I guess they can’t push too much This was universally panned by the fans.
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.10.13 PM

but then, I’m fond of Cleatus too.
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.23.44 PM

Oh, and none of those shiny metallic grills are gonna work. I’m pretty sure the facemasks are all matte now, and for a reason. Distracting reflections.