Noise Cancelling Air Purifier - all in one

https://www.dyson.com/wearables/dyson-zone-air-purifying-headphones/announcement

Ahh it’s Dyson … I don’t have 10 grand laying around LOL :wink:

Ha - I don’t know what to make of this!

It’s crazy - but there’s a market for it I guess…

Air-purifying headphones. Is there really a need for such a thing?

I’ve come to believe you can get people to buy anything if you make it sound elite enough. The rich will have to have it and the poor will sell a kidney to get it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking about this too - most people would have noise-canceling headphones, at least I do, and they are tiny and fit perfectly, Samsung ones I believe, I don’t know what model, but they are fantastic, small, and easily portable.

Why not just release the wearable purifier without the headphones?
Do you need the noise-cancelling headphones to drown out the noise of the purifier?

Everyone going around like Bane out of Batman!

Would you be able to talk - can you lower the piece/remove it?

I’m really struggling with this one - it’s so bizarre!

1 Like

Well poor people still buy Apple products… but let’s not get into that one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Exactly :wink:

Looking more into this - wearable air purifiers are a thing!

https://www.razer.com/lifestyle/wearables

Who knew!?

Surely got to be an April fools joke right?

1 Like

Bit early?

The Benzites beat you to it (Star Trek - The Next Generation ca. 1988)

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 7.19.36 AM

3 Likes

As PT Barnum (likely never) said, “There’s a sucker born every minute.”

A pain killing syringe?

Oh. It already exists. It’s called syringe, only you have to put pain killer inside it.

tumblr_mmipigi2Xa1r24cd6o1_500

1 Like

Exactly. Unless that ‘air purifier’ yer wearin is a helmet, I don’t want to hear about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How odd! I can only see the target audience as people who travel by subway. But even a crowded subway… this may cancel the noise but the Dyson says it doesn’t touch your face! So doesn’t that mean I’d still be breathing in some of the unfiltered air around me? Not worth it.

The LG design makes way more sense to me. It at least looks how I’d expect if someone took a gas mask, removed the eye protection, and modernized it.

1 Like