Off the page elements

When working with InDesign, How do I export a PDF to the size of the document, in other words, I don’t want the elements that are off the page to be seen.

The document is 4x7. Because there are things outside the page, it is saving it 6x11 exposing the things that shouldn’t be shown.

Am I making sense?

So, it sounds like your page size is 8.5 x 11. If you need it to be 4x7, go to File/Document Setup and change the actual page dimensions to 4x7.

I understand what you’re saying, but it doesn’t make sense in terms of how InDesign’s PDF export works. The size and position of elements have no effect in the way you describe. Page size is honored, even to the extent that multiple pages sizes in the same document are honored.

Including the bleed and/or slug in the export will increase the dimensions of the output.

I feel so dumb…

This was a flyer for print that they wanted converted to something for web, so anything running off the page wouldn’t be seen, so basically you should see the PDF the same way you would see it in preview mode in InDesign.

I was sure I sent the bleed to zero but apparently I didn’t.

Sorry, it’s been a long week.

Have a good weekend!