Pantone Color of the Year 2022 is Very Peri

The Pantone Color of the Year 2022 has just been announced, and it’s Pantone 17-3938 Very Peri! Very Peri is a brand new Pantone color, whose courageous presence encourages personal inventiveness and creativity.

For the first time ever, Pantone introduced a new blue shade, PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri, a dynamic periwinkle blue hue with a vivifying violet-red undertone as the Pantone Color of the Year selection for 2022. We are living in transformative times. PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri is a symbol of the global zeitgeist of the moment and the transition we are going through. As we emerge from an intense period of isolation, our notions and standards are changing, and our physical and digital lives have merged in new ways.

“As we move into a world of unprecedented change, the selection of PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri brings a novel perspective and vision of the trusted and beloved blue color family. Encompassing the qualities of the blues, yet at the same time possessing a violet-red undertone, PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri displays a spritely, joyous attitude and dynamic presence that encourages courageous creativity and imaginative expression.” — Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute.

2 Likes

17-3938 Very Peri displays a spritely, joyous attitude and dynamic presence that encourages courageous creativity and imaginative expression.

What a pretentious pile of…yeah whatever…
It’s lilac blue.

2 Likes

I painted my house 13-0647 and 17-5104 in spring, and now I have to repaint it??

1 Like

You don’t have to repaint all of it.
Just your front door.
It’ll be very stylish. And just in time for Easter

1 Like

Trends and fads – I can’t catch up.

Not only is it peri, it’s very peri. I have no idea what peri means, but it sort of looks like lavender to me.

3 Likes

+winkle

You sure it’s not +lous?

2 Likes

Ahhhh, yes. Periwinkle. It’s all clear now. :smiley:

Clear like Perrier?

Not what I had in mind for Peri - the first thing that came to mind was Peri Peri, so was expecting a hot colour - maybe it’s a cultural thing.

Having worked in the Health Care industry for so long the word Peri does not bring visions of a beautiful color.

I’ll leave it at that … LOL
:flushed:

1 Like

I’m surprised that I didn’t pick up on the periwinkle thing. Both varieties of the vine — Vinca major and Vinca minor — cover big chunks of our yard. The minor (or lesser) variety is manageable, but the major variety crawls up trees and expands about two feet in every direction each year. I guess you could say I’m not a periwinkle fan. Weedkiller doesn’t even phase the stuff.

During my research to get rid of it, I ran across an article that said your home country, New Zealand, regards the two varieties of periwinkle as an invasive nuisance species. It’s illegal to sell or intentionally cultivate.