Photoshop water waves effect

Hi everyone, could you please let me know how can I create a water waves effect in Adobe Photoshop similar to the attached image?

That looks like either
a simple Smudge Tool set at really high pressure.
Or more likely use of the Liquify Filter.
It’s nothing fancy.
You can see the white of the page edge dragged clear across the screen in that one line at the guy’s knees.

1 Like