PNG Image

Hello All,
For some reason, I can’t seem to create a PNG image in Photoshop! Would anyone please explain from the basics how I can do this? Thank you as alwyas,
Graeme

The basics for the 2022 version of Photoshop are File > Save a Copy, then select PNG from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the window that appears.

There are several other ways to do it too that might be useful depending on what you have in mind — For example, the various ways of exporting to a PNG in the File > Export menu.

Thank you, does the background have to be transparent though?

Of course, the background doesn’t need to be transparent, but I doubt that’s what you’re asking.

If you want people to take the time to write intelligible answers, it helps to compose intelligible questions. Sorry.

That’s up to you. Flatten the image if you don’t want it transparent

Hello Graeme,

Certainly! Creating a PNG image in Photoshop is a straightforward process. Here are the basic steps:

1. Open Photoshop: Launch Adobe Photoshop on your computer.
  2. Create a New Document:
  • Go to File > New to create a new document.
  • Set the dimensions for your image (width and height). You can choose a preset or set your custom dimensions.
  • Make sure the background contents are set to “Transparent” if you want a PNG with a transparent background.

lilzombie