Resume subissions on a website

So I’ve inherited this website built in WP, they’re using the Thrive Architect plug-in also. The site was hacked so I’m working with what they managed to cobble together and put back online and I have no idea what it used to look like. As it’s for job hunting, I need to set up a place for resumes to be submitted. Am I correct in thinking that a simple button with an mailto:is the easiest way to go about this. Pretty sure I’m over thinking it, but I figured I’d ask to see if anyone has a decent plug-in they’ve used or other ideas?
Hey thanks in advance!

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t have a system where uploaded files would be sent directly to a person’s mailbox (mailto), even though it’s easy enough to find an email address online and send random files to it.

I would create a form that sent the file to a back-end (PHP/Node for instance), and the back-end would archive the file somewhere secure, then notify whoever needs to be notified that a file was uploaded. That person could then log in and view the file (or download it). Preferably it would be a dedicated email address that isn’t publicly available.

2 Likes

Ahhh excellent point. I’ll look into it, thank you!

1 Like

If you do use a simple mailto, I’ve found it helpful to obfuscate the email address to keep the email harvesting bots at bay. For example: https://www.albionresearch.com/misc/obfuscator.php. In addition, it’s helpful to set up a free, one-time gmail account since it can always be abandoned or changed as needed. It also takes advantage of gmail’s spam and malware protection.

2 Likes