RIP: The Necrology Thread

I think Red Forman needs to put his foot in someone’s a$$.

3 Likes

lmaooo … that should get some answers!

:wink:

2 Likes

It’s now official … really :wink:

RIP Tanya :heart:

'‘Tanya Roberts died Monday night at L.A.‘s Cedars-Sinai Hospital following a bizarre turn of events that included her domestic partner incorrectly telling her rep she had died the day before.’’

Prolific music producer and convicted murderer, Phil Spector, dies in prison.

1 Like

Good.

1 Like

Larry King has passed at 87. No cause of death is given, but he was admitted to the hospital on January 2nd with Covid. He had major health issues over the years. He had
a quadruple by-pass and beat lung cancer and most recently had a stroke.

He was quite an interesting fellow … from his 8 wives to his many decades on air. His interviews were always interesting to watch and he won many awards for all his journalistic contributions.

King began his career as a radio interviewer in the 1950s and 1960s. He gained fame when he started the The Larry King Show, an all-night nationwide call-in radio program in 1978. In 1985 he began his 25 year stint with CNN on the nightly show, Larry King Live. After retiring from CNN in 2012, he began hosting Larry King Now on Hulu and ORA.

He never took himself too seriously, but had no trouble handling serious topics.

To my knowledge he is the only person who has ever interviewed Kermit and Miss Piggy :slight_smile: It was one of my favorites.

RIP Larry :heart:

142658484_261892615297556_1961027096826500737_n

2 Likes

RIP Hammer :heart:

2 Likes

Here’s a link to an interview Larry King did with Hank Aaron.

1 Like

Aww … how sad :frowning: Cloris Leachman has passed at 94. I have loved her for as long as I can remember. She was so great as Phyllis Lindstrom on Mary Tyler Moore and who can ever forget her iconic role as Frau Blucher and Nurse Diesel. RIP Cloris. You brought laughs to millions :heart:

download (10)

81naG-QHNdL.AC_SX385 b4e855306dc9bd7e0483a75c01069d1f

4 Likes

If Cloris Leachman was in it, I’d watch it. I adored her.

1 Like

Another sad passing :frowning: Cicely Tyson has passed at 96. She was such a beautiful woman inside and out. I loved her in so many pictures. The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, Sounder, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Help and Roots are just some of my favorites :heart: RIP dear Cicely :heart:

_116722908_tyson_pa

urn-publicid-ap-org-9a513c3b75e9cb3e6fc1327088cfd06bObit_Cicely_Tyson_74369-300x379

0085487063.original

4 Likes

Dustin Diamond aka “Screech” from Saved by the Bell has passed from a 3 week battle with Carcinoma. He was only 44 :frowning: RIP Dustin. :heart:

01xp-diamond-obit1-articleLarge

1 Like

Wow, that is way too young.

1 Like

We’ve lost another legend :frowning: Christopher Plummer passed today at 91. RIP Captain von Trapp :heart:

christopher-plummer-dead

1 Like

Aw…
One of the best shows I ever went to was to see “the Scottish Play” in Boston with him as the lead character. The show was excellent, had a front row mezz seat which I think are the best, but it was also the night he got clocked during the sword fight at the end. Thought he was going down, but he finished out the scene (and the curtain calls) with a split lip. +1 for realism.

1 Like

There are big holes in my knowledge of popular culture. Christopher Plummer is one of them. I think I’ve heard the name before, but I had no idea who he was, what he did, nor do I recognize him now that I’ve seen his photo — even though I’ve seen two or three of his movies. I think I selectively pay attention to certain things while letting other things skip by without even noticing. :confused:

1 Like

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has died at 70.

1 Like

I’m not inclined to dance on anyone’s grave, so I’ll leave it at that. I know he was ill for quite some time.

2 Likes

RIP Lou :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cassette tapes were a huge part of my youth. I have fond memories of making the perfect mix tape and hitting record at the beginning of every song on the radio in hopes of capturing that one song I was after.

And then there was the coolest cassette deck ever from a company called Nakamichi. I drooled over this thing, but could never afford one. Watch the video and wait for it. It’s very cool.

2 Likes