RIP: The Necrology Thread

This is so eerie. We literally just finished watching The Right Stuff (one of my favorite movies) and now I am just reading Chuck Yeager has passed at 97. He was the first man to break the sound barrier and an absolute legend in the aviation world. He achieved the rank of Brigadier General and received countless medals of achievement awards. RIP Mr. Yeager :heart:

yeager3

yeager2

2 Likes

Good heavens. Another of my childhood heroes.

R.I.P.

2 Likes

I’m not much of a country-western music fan, but between freshman and sophomore college years, I had a summer job as a shipping clerk. Country music was played continuously over the loud speakers. As a result, Charlie Pride songs are indelibly burned into my mind.

2 Likes

Not a country fan myself … but I think everyone knows who Charlie Pride was. He had a very mellow voice as I remember.

RIP Charlie :heart:

RIP Dawn ):

2 Likes

RIP Mary Ann :heart:

1 Like

Is it bad taste to say a childhood crush of mine has passed?
RIP Mary Ann :cry:

2 Likes

I think everyone liked her … Guys wanted to date her and Girls wanted to be her :heart:

1 Like

I think every guy our age had a first crush on Mary Ann. I think it had something to do with those short shorts she wore on the after-school Gilligan’s Island reruns. :confused:

My first (and only) crush was Rita Tushingham. A Taste Of Honey was her signature.

On TV it would have to be Debbie Watson, who played Karen.

1 Like

Sad to hear of Gerry Marsden’s passing. He sang a song he didn’t write, which went on to become the anthem of Liverpool FC. He also had a band named the Pacemakers. The song, of course, is You’ll Never Walk Alone.

I could have sworn that I read about Gerry Marsden’s death a year or two ago. I remember even talking to someone about it. Weird. I guess I was wrong. Anyway, Ferry Cross the Mersey has been a favorite song of mine since I was a little kid.

1 Like

I was a little more than a little kid by that time. When Broken Hearted Melody by Sarah Vaughan first came out I was already a young old man.

Aww :frowning: How sad. I’ve been a fan of Gerry and the Pacemakers for as long as I can remember. They were a fav of my Mom. She played them frequently. Even though I was very young when Ferry Cross The Mersey as soon as I was old enough to remember things it was an instant fav.

and another absolute fav. It’s timeless :heart:

RIP Gerry :heart:

1 Like

Tanya Roberts, former Bond girl and Midge Pinciotti on That '70s Show

2midge

1 Like

Aww … loved her as Mrs. Pinciotti :heart:

1 Like

NOOOOO she was one of my favorite side characters as Midge Pinciotti ): crazy too that she ended up on a ventilator and breathing problems during this time without it being COVID related too.

1 Like

Ok … now it’s getting weird …

She is apparently … NOT dead. Even though her Rep said she is :confused:

1 Like

I hope this isn’t too tacky, but it was what I first thought of after reading that:

2 Likes

grin

lmao … gotta love Monty P :smiley: