RIP: The Necrology Thread

Found guilty and spent years in prison and still managed to hang on to multimillions that he stole.

Every bit of that money should go to the people he stole it from. He certainly didn’t earn it.

1 Like

He couldn’t have had a more appropriate surname. He may not be, but nominal determinism is definitely alive and kicking.

1 Like

Found guilty and spent years in prison and still managed to hang on to multimillions that he stole.

Every bit of that money should go to the people he stole it from. He certainly didn’t earn it.

I read somewhere they recouped 80%

1 Like

Ok good … that’s better than I thought. I must have read an old story. They are all coming out fast and furious and a lot of them are reposts of old articles :wink: I hadn’t really kept up with anything to do with that family … but from what I gather, one son killed himself shortly after this debacle, the other son died of cancer in 2014, and the mother is in exile. I guess she was stripped of most of her money … but they left her with 2 million. They never charged the sons as they were the ones who turned Madoff in. When Andrew died of cancer he still left millions behind for his daughters and left nothing to his mother.

Sounds like a lovely family all the way around. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

https://www.graphicdesignforum.com/t/a-vs-a

RIP thread. RIP.

1 Like

nope gonna keep it going FOREVA

2 Likes

lmao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I just dug into that thread and oof, it’s a doozy LOL.

1 Like

Ha! I muted that thread some time ago.

1 Like

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten into it - but hey - it is what it is.

One for the museum.

1 Like

RIP Olympia Dukakis :heart:

One of my favorite actresses. I loved her in Moonstruck and Steel Magnolias.

She was 89.

olympia-dukakis

4 Likes

BJ Thomas has passed at 78 from lung cancer complications. I loved his singing. He was always a favorite of my Mom’s. RIP BJ :heart: :heart:

BJ-Thomas

1 Like

So long Captain Stubing :frowning:
Gavin MacLeod has passed at 90. He had several iconic roles over his career. One being the Love Boat Captain and another fav. the slightly neurotic news writer, Murray Slaughter from the Mary Tyler Moore show.
RIP Gavin :heart:

1 Like

John McAfee — 1945 to 2021 … pretty interesting story. Did he kill himself or was he killed?

OIP.q46ZjQfFXcgRFRDUyWeqKAHaEK

1 Like

I had no idea he was even a fugitive.

Another massively rich person who evades taxes … whattayknow …

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, I dunno. If a massively rich person is offsetting taxes with legitimate losses while investing in business and industry, ending up with zero net taxes, I have absolutely no problem with that. Without the risk, there isn’t any progress and someone has to take the risk.

It’s the illegitimate means that the IRS looks into. Or not paying what is due. Or not filing at all.

RIP Dusty :heart:

2 Likes

Aww, seems too young.

1 Like

Charlie Watts :pleading_face:

I met him once or twice - he was a real gent and a great drummer.

2 Likes

Dang. I knew he had backed out of the Rolling Stones upcoming tour due to health reasons, but I didn’t know it was that serious. This one makes me feel sort of bad.