Run Mortals 😱

Boston Dynamics showed their four-legged robot dog SpotMini doing a new trick. By joining and leading a small army the Robots can move heavy objects together – for example pulling a truck.

The clip shows 10 specialized Spotmini derivatives called Spotpower hauling a box truck across a parking lot — and at a one-degree incline. There was a driver behind the wheel during the demonstration, probably to prevent accidents, but the vehicle itself was in neutral.

They have been showing off their robotic skills for a while, but these are in production now and soon to hit the market.

Spotmini-robot

The sound is terrifying on a whole new level.

1 Like

Call Will Smith

1 Like

Could you ride one of those things? Might be the answer to all-terrain commuting.

Robo-Rodeo might be entertaining - robot could be controlled by an ex or a corrections officer etc. Damn that would make good tv.

1 Like

Wonder what their battery life is. Would make a great ‘horse.’

You know these are just The Dogs of War, right?

Google used to own Boston Dynamics. Not too long ago Google sold it to a Japanese firm.
For some reason that does not make me feel any better about these.

1 Like

Headless robot dogs are just creepy.

1 Like

Absolutely that’s what they are. Someone in the comments on one of the articles said … “It’s probably the last sound you will hear one day”

:flushed:

It’ll either be that, or the death scream of the other guy I’m outrunning.

** UPDATE **

You can now purchase your very own “Spot” for a mere $74,500.00

I know what’s going on my Christmas list :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Spot <--------------- Order here :smiley:

Gee, that’s only half the price of an industrial print machine. I wonder if the boss would go for it? You know, shop mascot and all…
But it has to have a head. Even if it’s only a plastic housing. Like DZ said earlier, “headless robot dogs are just creepy.”

I just read the comments on Youtube and they have a point though. For $75K plus, what can this do that a purpose-sized drone can’t, and for a small fraction of the cost?
(I still want one.)