Share Your Good News

I think we could all benefit from hearing some good news. What’s going on in your life that’s good? It could be work, family, a goal that was achieved, a new client, great weather? The good news doesn’t have to be earth-shattering. Let’s just have a thread where we can take a break to be happy and celebrate.

3 Likes

I got my boat in the water! Best part of the year! Yay for fishing! Lately though just been casting a plastic weight. Catching a fish is so much slimy work. But hey, if I look like I’m fishing, I’m not doing house repairs. LOL.

And we have full-time work again. Yay paycheck!

4 Likes

So far this year, I’ve ridden 1,644 miles on my bicycles. Super excited that group rides are happening again.

2 Likes

Got most of my garden done too and and strawberries will be ripening soon. Cannot wait for fresh strawberries.

3 Likes

My purge and organizing is coming along nicely. Still have a ways to go but it takes this old gal so long to complete simple tasks these days :wink: I’m getting ready to repaint an old dresser. and I also got my yarn I’ve been waiting on for a month (back ordered) so I can keep working on a blanket for my niece :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping this. Where is everybody?
It’s sunny here and 60°.

1 Like

It’s getting warm here as well. It’s already 73° :slight_smile:

The sun shining bright and the lawn folks are here … Oooh I love the smell of fresh cut grass :heart:

I hope we aren’t the only ones with good news :wink: LOL

1 Like

I came pretty close to posting to this thread yesterday with a sob story about how the only “good news” I can muster is: “I suppose it could be worse.” Then I realized it was precisely the kind of whiny, attention-whoring post I hate, so I deleted it before finishing. Maybe I’ll delete this one too before the edit-ability timeout.

3 Likes

Ha! :grinning: I did much the same thing by writing that the only good things would be that all the possible negative things haven’t happened to me yet. Then I deleted the post.

It’s Mrs. Just-B’s birthday today, so that’s a good thing. Both of us love pizza, so maybe we’ll order one online tonight given that heading to restaurants is still awfully iffy.

3 Likes

Aww … it’s ok guys … but remember the theme of the thread. It’s just little things. You are never going to see me post “I won the lottery” or “Finally got that Bugatti I’ve had my eye on” LOL So getting some yarn or feeling the sun on my face is a good thing. Because overall … yeah things kinda suck lol … but, we are all in it together. So if you don’t want to post that’s ok, just remember we are here for you guys if you do :heart:

1 Like

Right. Posting a remark on a thread and actually get a “like”. Definitely not earth-shattering (except to myself).

4 Likes

Coco Peru does a whole series about this very topic on her Youtube channel :slight_smile: She has done over 50 daily vlogs on “Thoughts While in Solitude” over the course of this Pandemic. Pretty much all of them have surrounded this little tchotchke block :heart:

1 Like

68° currently where I am. I’m happy about a new song I put together and excited about the possibility of collaborating with another artist on it. It’s been a bit of a struggle creatively lately so it’s always a great feeling when something comes together nicely.

2 Likes

That asteroid barreling towards earth will miss us on Saturday :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I had a wonderfulle day. My girlfriend got her retiirment papers. So she will be in a permanent lockdown.

But I had an immediate task. Carlo can you me create a design for my new project.

Oh you have a project…

Yes I want to create a new thing, like a laptop bag, but in such a way that I can change the look on the outside depending on what I am wearing.

OK girlfriend, let me think about it.

2 Likes

I spoke too soon. I just got word from a potential (now new) client that my proposal on a good-sized ad campaign was accepted. :grinning:

3 Likes

Now that IS good news B!
(so is the asteroid missing Earth. That’s good too!)

3 Likes

Wow! I’ve heard this word plenty of times, but I’ve never seen it in print. There is no way I would have ever been able to spell that.

1 Like

It’s payday!

4 Likes