***Snickers, Chuckles, Giggles & Guffaws!

4 Likes

That lumber thing is no joke.
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 12.47.17 PM

2 Likes

lmaooo … that’s great PD
:grin:

4 Likes

repair

3 Likes

This made me think of a meme I’d recently seen :smiley:

Here’s a nice side hustle if you have any precious pieces left over. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s kinda not funny, the wood thing. Some of the projects we quoted pre-pandemic are coming back active, people wanting their stuff. We have to ask, “Do you have a firstborn? Cuz that’s the only way we can get the hardwood lumber needed for your custom millwork.”

1 Like

My neighbor had a huge black walnut tree in her front yard. It was a least 100 years old and beginning to die, so she thought she would hire someone to cut it down and haul it off. Instead of paying a couple of thousand dollars to have it chopped down, the tree guy paid her that much to let him have the wood. I suspect he sold it for a lot more than that.

1 Like

Yes. Yes he did. Depending on the size of the board and the grain, he probably got that per board and more.
Black Walnut natural live edge slabs - Shop at Berkshire Products

I need to plant some black oaks lol :wink:

Yeah, I shoulda thought of that 40 years ago.

1 Like

Wow! My neighbor’s tree was gigantic. It’s the neighbor in my hometown, where I have my other house. When I was a kid, we used to eat those walnuts and climb the tree. It was huge then. My dad said he remembered it being a big tree when he was a kid back in the '30s.

Judging from your link, that dying tree would have been worth tens of thousands of dollars. The tree guy brought in a crane to disassemble it limb by limb, even though there was plenty of room to just chop it down. I don’t think I’ll mention any of this to my neighbor the next time I see her. That tree trimmer probably thought he had stumbled into a gold mine.

1 Like

By the looks of things…

I think he did :wink:

Walnut is a stunning timber. I have a fairly decent-sized piece of European Walnut (a bit lighter in colour than American Black Walnut) in my cellar, earmarked for my next bass guitar – one day, when I get the time!

grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes_1f601

5 Likes

Heading back some, um, 30 years ago, I remember lots of times riding my bike and running across music cassette tapes that looked like that. They were typically smashed up and lying just off the side of the road with the tape blowing in the breeze.

I always imagined them to be the hurled-out-the-window remnants of someone’s rage as the tape unspooled itself and jammed up their car cassette player.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s probably a good deduction :smiley:

I never got that angry … I got good at fixing VCR and cassette tapes :smiley: I could take 'em apart and put 'em back together in no time :smiley:

A more perfect picture woulda been a betamax, LOL!

1 Like

2 Likes

This is a little ironic given the grammatical errors, but still funny nonetheless.

3 Likes