So Long Winter! 🌺

It’s a pretty Spring morning here. The sun is out and the birds are chirping. I already have a couple windows open to let out all that old and stale Winter air :wink:

Enjoy your day!!!:tulip:

2 Likes

The first day of spring is always one of my favorite days of the year. However, it’s raining outside and is supposed to turn into snow with about 3 inches of the white stuff in the forecast. Later in the week, though, it’s supposed to hit 70° F. In other words, back-and-forth, typical early spring weather.

1 Like

Yep, happy spring, everyone.

We’ve actually had a pretty mild March so far. Things are budding like crazy, daffodils are popping up, and the grass is starting to green.

We have some windows open and grilled for lunch.

1 Like

Got up this morning and there was a thick layer of frost on the car. :unamused:

1 Like

Oh, the grill never gets put away. Even in winter I’ll freeze my toehooties off for a grilled hamburger or chicken (and even the occasional steak, LOL!)
Garden was still too muddy yesterday, but I did get the flower beds out front raked and some bark mulch and all pretty now. I gotta say though, as pretty as they will be soon, lilies-of-the-valley are rampant and out of control at the moment. They’ve taken off into what passes for a lawn

1 Like

So Long Winter, Hello Allergies!

1 Like

My wife and I tend to be seasonal cookers: Winter is more stews, soups, casseroles, braised / roasted dishes. Spring summer and fall are definitely cook it outside seasons.

1 Like

I had to take sinus stuff yesterday … I’ve been in agony for two days.

The full head, the sneezing, running and itching eyes … Ughh!

It’s only gotten worse as I age too. Another perk! LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

So the sinus pill and a long, hot shower are about the only thing that help :wink:

1 Like

Despite some snow on the ground, I noticed that our maple tree is in blossom. The blossoms on hardwood trees aren’t very conspicuous, but they spread pollen like crazy. Luckily, I’m not allergic to it. With me, it’s the dry winter air that my sinuses don’t like.

1 Like

As I’ve aged, my allergies have become considerably less severe. But I’m feeling them this year for some reason.

1 Like

I think I just a weirdo :wink:

I never had sinus issue when I was younger - but now each year seems to be getting worse.:thinking: