Space Force Logos

Have you seen them?

You couldn’t pay me enough to vote for any of the above.

This is a graphic design issue. Don’t even get me started on whether a separate space force is needed beyond what the Air Force is already doing well enough.

If you look at all the other military emblems, they all have something in common that these don’t have. They all work in monochrome and engraving.

And none of them look like something you’d see on Nick Jr or Cartoon Network

1 Like

They look like logos for a 1960’s space adventure television show.

2 Likes

They are all ridiculous. The whole $h!t$how is.

That is all.

If G. W. Bush’s hijack of The Office was a horror, this one is grounds to pray for swift death. I’m so ashamed of us. I can’t imagine how I’d feel if I had voted for this asshammer.

1 Like

Maybe Trump watched an old episode of Star Trek and thought it was a Fox News documentary. If the Vulcans don’t show up soon to help us, we’ll need this space force to fight off the Klingons.

1 Like

While these proposed logos are incredibly horrible (the space logo, if needed, should be a take-off from the current Air Force logo,) I do believe there is a need for deeper form of military awareness for goings on outside of low Earth orbit. We don’t quite need the Space Marines yet, and I’m also not sure what this program would do beyond what the current Air Force covers, but I can’t help thinking this was sparked by some military knowledge or need that the President is taking just one step too far.

2 Likes

Bingo. For someone who touts himself as a master of branding, he’s just not.

It hurts my heart to know that someday there will be public schools named after him.

1 Like

Maybe Melania designed these too?
Or too many real designers said “no.”
I’d jump on that gig in a minute. Not cuz I like Trump (I don’t) but because someday there will be a “Space Force” and it would be cool to do the seal, and do it right.

1 Like

OK PD, you got me started on the issue of whether or not a space force is needed aside from the Air Force. Mark Kelly raised good points. Paraphrasing: Taking the space domain away from the Air Force is like taking the submarine domain away from the Navy.

And if space marines are needed, it will be in such small numbers, it will probably be the Marine Corps or Navy Seals.

2 Likes

Given the country’s heavy civilian and military reliance on satellites for communication, global positioning, reconnaissance, weather forecasting, navigation, etc., and the fact that this orbiting equipment is so vulnerable to attack, it makes good sense to have the military involved to ensure everything possible is done to plan, coordinate, implement and defend it.

What this doesn’t justify is setting up a new co-equal branch of the military with the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Marines. Even the Marines are technically still part of the Navy. It’s not as though we have a fleet of star cruisers or bases on Mars to defend. Maybe in another two hundred years it will make some sense, but now, um, no.

I think PrintDriver is right: there’s a military need for something, but whatever recommendation Trump received, he blew it all out of proportion. I suspect this new shiny object caught Trump’s limited attention span and he remembered back to when he was teenager watching the old, slightly creepy, Saturday morning marionette/puppet show about a space rescue force called Thunderbirds. “So yes, of course we need a Space Force! And the first order of business is to have a logo contest!”

This ignorant buffoon lying in bed at the White House eating Cheeseburgers, drinking diet Coke and watching cable television, in my opinion, just might be the biggest threat to the well-being of the country that we’ve faced since the Second World War.

2 Likes

I don’t think Trump cares about the military mission. I think Trump just wants his thumb print on everything that matters to anyone, just to feed is narcissism. The US government is his toy.

It’s the same reason why some department heads want to change the font or color of a graphic design piece with no guess as to what effect it will have on the message to the target audience.

4 Likes

I’ve done quite a bit of government work over the years — mostly state government. All too often when a new administration takes over and new agency department heads are appointed, one of the first things they want to do is change their logos.

For the most part, these people are largely ignorant about the purpose of logos or their cumulative worth in brand recognition as the years go by. Their main concern seems to be in differentiating their administration from the one that came before.

3 Likes

I can’t agree enough. And it can wreak havoc on a brand.

1 Like

Right on.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Probably not many, and not if the country doesn’t survive.

1 Like

Yes. How have we gone from being a world leader to the world’s clown and laughingstock, in 18 short months?

Top Republican leaders, that’s how.

We are in danger.

2 Likes

Those Space Force logo examples seem rather plain/crude and when the hideous text is removed they all lose their ‘Force’ meaning come crashing back down to earth.

As for Trump … in 18 short months his numbers are rather staggering … and this tariff drama won’t play out before the midterms.

1 Like

1 Like