If you want to succeed in freelancing, you really need the skills you are planning to work on. Many people learn much more in their first year of employment than they do in school for four years. You must learn how to plan projects in the real world yourself. You must have an idea of how programs, resources, and external expenses are handled. You have to pay money for taxes and budgets for anything, including computers, software, the Internet, mobile phone, transportation, and other stuff. Through meeting other freelancers and getting tips from them you’ll prevent several mistakes.
Here are some tips from someone who has been working in this field as a freelancer since quite some time-
- Create your small portfolio that lists your best work and services.
- Create the network by meeting new individuals, and learning from them.
- You need to find the first job in graphic design to become a freelance designer quickly.
- It is also important to know how to write and deliver an invoice to customers.
- If you are bringing your client from independent sites or through a personal network, perform beyond your standards for the first client.
I hope this will really help you on your journey, as I did not know a lot of things when I first started working as a freelancer.