Stockholm Cryptic Traffic Sign

A few years back, I came across this Stockholm traffic sign in a book.

Until now, I don’t quite understand what is this sign trying to indicate? Why 11-5 is repeated in black san serif, in a bracket then in red?

I couldn’t totally get author’s comment “they haven’t changed their attitude” because of I couldn’t get to the root of it T-T.

Anyone from Stockholm could help me “decipher” it? Many many thanks!!! :nerd_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you Studio Monkey! It is very helpful!!!

Finally the question hanging in my head for 5 years is answered :joy:

|quote author “they haven’t changed their attitude”

So in this case, is the author trying to say: better add information about “which day it is” to the sign? Beside of this, I couldn’t think of another things could be improved. The typography looks fine to me.

If local resident is used to the content format, and everyone understand it as a norm; IMO it is definitely okay to keep the information simple and bold. (haha I truely like Stockholm’s minimalism approach)

Before I read the explanation I thought it was Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun (public holidays)

I guess if you do your drivers test in Sweden you’d learn the signs of the road, just like any other nation.

And looked them up here - it’s explained - 5 years of your life might have been spared
Road signs in Sweden - Wikipedia.

1 Like

The “attitude” part is a comment on the residents of the street not allowing cars or motorbikes at certain hours.
Guess we can tell which side the author takes, LOL

Haha, maybe the author live near that street, the restricted pass is annoying for him.

P.S. thank you for your reply, it helps a lot! :v:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.