Superbowl?

Why do they have little naked babies on them? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I was wondering what a king cake is, and ^this

1 Like
3 Likes

Pan is correct! We have king cakes from after Christmas until Mardi Gras. It’s supposed to start Jan. 6 but we’re a little overzealous. I got my first one Dec. 26. The baby is baby Jesus. It’s supposed to be hidden in the king cake and the person that gets it in their piece of cake has to buy the next one. Since it’s just me here right now, I didn’t hide the baby. I love king cakes so I usually have one in the house all of king cake season. They run about $15-20 here but can go up to about $50 from a high end bakery. The purple, green and gold are Mardi Gras colors.

2 Likes

Being from Minnesota I have been pretty aware of the goings on surrounding the Superbowl (which is pretty cool to see all the celebrities in familiar places), but I don’t normally care for sports. I know all teams have their idiot fans but the Eagles sure took it up a notch in the last game, because of that, and that alone, I hope the Pats win.

1 Like

Well, that’s very interesting and something I had never heard of before. Thanks for the explanation.

I guess I ought to leave Utah a little more often to see what the rest of the world is up to. :wink:

1 Like

Yes you should! Everyone goes to parades up until Tuesday which is Mardi Gras day. After days of debauchery everyone behaves and gets ashes on their foreheads on Ash Wednesday. I don’t get ashes cause I’m not catholic. I’ll actually celebrate Mardi Gras next weekend in New Orleans. I may go to parades in Lafayette Mardi Gras day but I’m usually worn out. This year will be fun. The biggest parade is Endymion. The University magazine I art direct is doing an article on the Queen who is one of our students. Saturday I’m directing a photo shoot of her doing her makeup and getting ready then going all over New Orleans to toast the mayor and archbishop and a bunch of other places. We’ll have a motorcade and all sorts of specialness. I’m pretty excited about it. There’s a huge fancy party after the parade that night in the Superdome. Rod Stewart’s playing this year. Tickets are $500/couple (we get them free from the queens family). I opted out of that but am sending the photographer. It ends at 3:30 a.m. and would interfere with my tradition of going to St. Charles Ave. parades early on Sunday.

1 Like

That sounds so awesome!!!

I’m hoping so! I don’t know what to wear :flushed:

Is everybody happy now?
:exploding_head:
Both teams played well. Eagles won the clock management game.

RegularDenseFieldmouse-poster

I can’t believe he’s making the Superb Owl joke

Who he?
I had to look that up. The goog didn’t like that word break all that much. Only returned one hit.

I don’t like the Eagles or the Patriots, but that was an amazing game to watch. Holy crap!! The most total yards of offense in any game?!?! And it came down to a hail mary pass.

I kinda think if Gronk hadn’t been in a concussion protocol until just last Thursday, he mighta come down with that ball. And caught a few of the others. His timing seemed to be off.

That was a scary hit on Cooks too. He looked dead.

Although we generally favor the AFC, in my house, we’d root for a team made up of convicted murderers, (or even worse; Eagles fans), over the Patriots. Such an entertaining game, with the outcome we’d choose…most enjoyable Super Bowl in recent memory.

1 Like

As I said in the beginning I really had no dog in the fight so I didn’t care. But when the Eagles started nudging ahead I couldn’t help but cheer them on. It seemed as though it was a given that the Pats would win and that bugged me. I always tend to cheer on the underdog. The one thing really ticked me off what the f****g announcers! Talk about biased. They need to knock that crap off :rage: They all but said “we hate the Eagles and the refs gave them the game” Ugg … Not like the Pats haven’t had A LOT of favorable calls over the years.

Anyhoo … that hit early on was scary as hell … I thought he broke his neck or something :scream_cat:

It was actually a really great game! It went down to the last seconds and both teams really gave it their all … and you can’t beat a game where there is a TD on 4th and Goal! :smiley: :smiley:

Hah! My wife talks back to Chris Collinsworth all the way through every game he works! If we ever run into him at the mall, cripes, he’s in for an earful.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Tom Brady is regarded by the NFL’s Marketing people as their flagship product. I suspect just about everyone connected with the league—all who talk football on TV, officials, vendor- licensees, etc, are briefed to the effect that Tom gets frequent and special mention and praise. Collinsworth in particular is an avid Brady-kisser, and it really degrades the quality of his presence on a broadcast, IMO.

2 Likes

Yes!! If you can’t announce in an unbiased manner … you should be gone … or at least have the other announcer “for” the other team :confused: