Sustainable Developement Goals logo for event

I am a part of Student Organization at my University and I am currently working there as a Graphic Designer. We have an event coming up by the name Incredible 8 which will have various competitive events relateed to Sustainable Development Goals. I need to make a logo for Incredible 8.
I have designed a logo, could you please review it and share your opinions about the logo. I am attaching it with this.

Define “Sustainable Development Goals.”
And if it has anything to do with coming up with Bright Ideas, rethink using the cliche lightbulb.

Ditch the black line too. Curly bulbs don’t have filaments. (Besides, they are full of stuff that’s not good for the environment too.)

As my design teacher used to say, “Do Over.”

2 Likes

The green part makes me think of Arabic calligraphy. Play with the 8 and :infinity: for sustainable. Sustainable Development Goals - Wikipedia

2 Likes

At the risk of piling on, what you’ve presented is not the solution. Does your university have a design school? I wonder if there is a student there that would want to help out with the project for the experience.

3 Likes

So here’s the new one, What are your views about this?

It’s a poor attempt of a hexagonal poiuyt. The shadows and light sources make no sense.

When it looks forced, chances are it’s not working.

2 Likes

Is the white gap intentional?
The corners don’t match, all over.
Do you plan on printing this? (that green could possibly be out of CMYK gamut - my monitor tells me it’s verrrry close. eg, it will print duller on some CMYK-only devices.)
Do you plan on doing T-shirts or other shwag? Have you checked into specs for doing that?

1 Like

There’s a lot of stock that looks very similar, so you don’t earn points for originality.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but your ideas aren’t working. I think starting over is warranted. You said you’re a university student and a graphic designer, so I assume you’re an aspiring designer.

Look at this guy’s work: Logopond - Logo, Brand & Identity Inspiration

I don’t know him. I had never heard of him ten minutes ago. Instead, I went to LogoPond to look for someone’s logo designs that work — at least on an aesthetic level and without knowing more about the projects they were designed to solve.

They’re simple, They’re clean. They show restraint. They’re well-executed and well-crafted. A few have gradients, but those that do would work just as well in black and white or one or two solid colors. The typography is also clean, simple, highly readable, and gets straight to the point. Some of the ideas are clever without going overboard. Some don’t hinge on cleverness; they’re svelte, beautiful, or memorable. Each would work well on the barrel of a promotional pen, screen printed on a t-shirt, look great on a smartphone, or when blown up to the size of a billboard.

Compare them to the strained complexity of your logos and how you’ve struggled to make them more interesting by incorporating overcomplicated imagery while neglecting essential craftsmanship.

In particular, notice the difference between your logos and his. Can you see the difference? Can you see the gap? If you can’t see it, you can’t bridge it.

I don’t want to make this guy out as some superstar. I’m sure he’s a working designer I had never heard of and will probably never run across again. Thousands of other professional designers are just as good or better with similar and different styles. Search them out, look at their work, and compare it to yours.

You need to bring the level of your work up to their standards. They’re your professional competition.

3 Likes