SVG is pixelated

Hi, I got a Logo from an client as SVG, but when I open it in Illustrator or Edge it gets pixelated when I change the size. Do you know why this happens?

Hi and welcome.

I assume your client has just saved a bitmap image as an SVG. Not a lot you can do about that, short of getting them to resupply the correct format, or redraw it Iā€™m afraid.

It was easier when clients had no knowledge. Now they have a little, they are dangerous! Only yesterday a client sent me a low res jpeg. I told them I need the original hi-res layered jpeg. No problem. Ten minutes later I received exactly the same image saved as a psd file.

1 Like

Thank you!

That should be it, I will ask the client. Thank you so much.

Oh that is really annoyingā€¦The worst thing is to tell them that they did it wrong.

I got the same now with a supplied PDF that is a scan of a leaflet which they want 4x size ā€¦

1 Like

If you asked em for a layered .jpg, youā€™d be wrong tooā€¦ :wink:

This problem is as old as time. Or at least as far back as the first desktop computers. It may even go back to film, but less likely.

Client sends low rez raster logo. Tell em I need a .ai or .eps. Then get same low rez raster logo saved out of Photoshop as .eps (ā€œwhatā€™s a .ai anyway, I didnā€™t see that in the drop down menuā€¦ā€)

Clients have always known just enough to be dangerous, and that probably goes back to sticks and clay tablets.

1 Like

You got me! Sorry, I meant layered ā€˜fileā€™. Iā€™m stupid, but Iā€™m not quite that stupid.