Textures - What are your go-to resources?

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone could share their go-to website/resource for high res textures such as high quality paper styles, grain effects etc. Any textures that would work well for high-end commercial marketing materials would be a huge plus.

I know this has been asked before and there are absolutely tons of results when you search for any kind of texture online but I would like to know what your go-to might be, if any. For example, a reliable website you know that has free to use high res textures? A link pointing to a bulk download of assets?

Purpose of this being to save some time scouring websites and to collate great resources for the wider GDF forum.

Ps. I have attached an example texture for the style I’m looking for but this is by no means the extent of the styles that I would like to collate, it merely acts a reference point.

Thank you

Photograph it myself

2 Likes

Free is often more trouble than its worth. And most of my clients want licensing signatures anyway. We could never download an unverified wad of collected textures. I don’t care so much about “free.” I care about “right for the job.”

Now concept textures are a different story. When doing walkthru story boards or concept drawings textures are sometimes necessary. For that we use this:
https://www.textures.com/

1 Like

Shutterstock or iStockphoto both have tons of those types of images.

EDIT: Neither of the sites I mentioned are free, but images can be had for less than $10.

1 Like

the ones at Textures are 3D-wrappable.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s interesting to know and I think I limited myself by saying free, doesn’t necessarily have to be. As you said better for it to be the most suitable, not just free. Thanks for sharing the resource also!

©2021 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook