The Pen Tool Explained

Originally posted by Garricks in 2012

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Pen Tool.

‘‘The Pen tool can be found in many Adobe applications and they way it works can sometimes be a little different. Colin Smith will take you through the similarities and differences with the Pen tool in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and After Effects. Colin also talks about AICB, what it means and why you should use it.’’

14 minutes.

18 Likes

Thank you this is very useful

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Useful video, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice video lot of informations

Thanks for this tutorial, now i understand it better then before.

Thanks for the video, I got to know many things from it.

1 Like

Nice video on the Pen tool, used for clipping path tasks.

Really nice

Good video, but it’s a little out of date and ignores some great features added since. So glad the Rubber band is available in Illustrator now too.
https://vectorslate.com/adobe-illustrator/how-to-enable-rubber-band-mode-in-photoshop-illustrator/

2 Likes

Thank you very much, helpful in mastering the pen tool.

1 Like

:grinning: Useful VideO , Thanks For this tutorial :+1:
Link Removed

1 Like

Thanks a lot for giving this effective video. Really it’s helpful and from here I got lots of information that exactly help me.:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this tutorial I was looking it for a long i time. It is very helpful.

1 Like

Nice, thank you!

Thank you for this awesome video. Seems very useful.

This a very good video upto CS6.

In the meantime, things have changed in CC.

The convert anchor point tool has new features. Like bending a straight line into a curve.

Just mouse over a line hold down the Alt/option key and you will see a bendiing icon on your cursor, click and drag in any direction you want.

Every corner point, (not a smooth point) can be converted to a rounded corner when the anchor point is selected with the direct selection tool (white arrow).

When you start drawing to switch to convert anchor point tool just hold down the Alt/option key.

To switch to the direct selection tool hold down CTRL/Cmd

All these option will keep the Pentool active. If you release the modifier keg ys, you can still keep on drawing

Carlo

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

3 Likes

I learnt alot in this video