πŸŸͺ 🟦 🟧 𝓐𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂 - Tips, Tricks and Questions

:purple_square: Photo

:blue_square: Designer

:orange_square: Publisher

Anyone else taking the plunge? We have all been talking about this for a while. So if you have questions specific to Affinity or tips & tricks … add them here. I am currently giving myself a fast and furious tutorial before my trial runs out. As of right now I am leaning heavily toward purchasing this software. I will use Photo the most of any of the programs and already I am totally in love with the Navigator :smiley:

For anyone who doesn’t know what any of this is about, check them out here:

Affinity Professional Creative Software by Serif

1 Like

Beginner Tutorials for each program.

:purple_square: Photo

:blue_square: Designer

:orange_square: Publisher

1 Like

Just_B saved my bacon today by showing me how to erase something. i tried searching, forums and videos, no solution!

i must have downloaded and uninstalled 10 drawing apps for the Dell XPS this year and i never had to fish for an eraser.

anyways, this thread should be useful and well visited.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I had to look up a tutorial on how to save a jpg. LOLOL :wink: It’s easy once you do it … but I was looking and looking a… and nadda! lol :smiley:

btw … if anyone has old eyes like mine that have decided they do NOT like a black background, especially one with nearly black words and icons :wink:

Edit> Preferences> User Interface> Dark is selected - choose light.

This was the very first thing I had to do in order to find anything :wink:

1 Like

thanks, dark mode seems too grungie for me!
Im using affinity designer on the Dell XPS, opened a PSD file with 5 layers, which opened in a second after right clicking the file name and selecting β€œopen as”. Krita could not perform this task. All the sizes and colors seem to be the same.
If you need to show only part of the desktop, Use Studio in View to add or hide features not needed.

1 Like

I jumped ship starting 2015 from Adobe to Affinity.
2018 I started playing around with Publisher and 2019 my transition was complete. I never looked back. Studio-Link is so awesome. :star_struck:
Sadly I still have to buy a perpetual license to replace Acrobat Pro (CS6) because it most probably won’t work on M1.
Not sure yet If Acrobat Pro 2020 or Callas PDF Toolbox Desktop 2022.
Both around 500$€.:man_shrugging:

1 Like