To proof, or not to proof

Proofread that is!

Not only that - you can get cheese on it’s own.
The vegetable burger doesn’t come with a bun

Step right up! Post your proofreading gaffs and errors as you find them! Let’s all laugh at people who have made the same mistakes we all have at one point or another… I suppose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want Steak and Kidney pie!!

1 Like

Watch out for snakebites and dysentery

:grin:

1 Like

I loooove food so you can bet I proof the besheesus out of all my client’s menu jobs. I get them to clarify so much stuff I think it starts to annoy them. :rofl:

1 Like

I think I posted this months ago, but I see it whenever I walk to the store down the street from us. I’m not quite sure how one would copy edit or proof a sidewalk, though.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic. Reminds me the time I was going through some old letterpress materials, and I came across some books, and I was flicking through some of them and spotted on a random page 1 line of type completely upside down. Must have put the line in the wrong way!

1 Like

Ha, Ha!..Maybe they wanted to help people walking in both directions.

1 Like

This summer I sent two different wine labels to print with the wrong vintage :sweat_smile:
Luckily I caught the error before they finished printing, but it was still a $3,000 mistake. Now I forward print projects for proofing to a coworker to reduce my culpability.

1 Like

Oh wow thats an expensive mistake.