Google famous monuments or attractions in each city. It should jog your creativity to see photos.
I think you’ll need to decide how much you can alter the letters. If it were me, I’d alter them more than you’ve done, but then I don’t know the exact assignment.
Here are some quick ideas that I spent almost no time on. With a little research, you can do better.
- New York — Make the letters different heights to represent the skyline
- Las Vegas — The S could be a $ sign fading away as in losing one’s money
- Amsterdam — The letters in the word could look like a bridge over the canals
- Tel Aviv — it’s known for it’s Bauhaus Architecture and lots of palm trees
- Madrid — The Puerta de Alcala is shaped like a M
- Rome — The Colosseum is round, like the O in Rome
- Teheran — The Azadi Tower looks like an A
- Tokyo — Make the cross bar on the T look like an upturned roof
- Havana — The V could be made to look like Fidel Castro’s beard
- Cairo — The A could be a pyramid