'Visit Malaysia 2020' Logo Competition

Winning Logo

Shortlisted Ideas

2 Likes

Love the colors :slight_smile:

I like most of the others too. Especially this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Big range of quality there. Some is excellent, some looks like Shutterstock.

The winners work is very nice.

1 Like

The winner’s Truly Asia tag is in a weird place. Several of the others placed it more logically. Personally, my view of this kind of “destination” branding has never been positive. There’s always too much crammed into it. This case illustrates that perfectly.

1 Like

I’m certainly no expert in Asia … but when one mentions that continent, India, China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippine, Singapore come to mind. How can Laos, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Myanmar, etc. not claim to be True Asia? Somebody at marketing is not doing his/her job.

1 Like

Really? Then you’re deeper than all the Americans around me. Where I’m from “Asian” has come to only mean (what used to be) “oriental,” (which is probably somehow a profoundly offensive term now, I’d guess), if not only “Chinese”. Here in the mountains of Eastern Pennsylvania, the many people from India living here are never considered Asian for some reason, and all those other places you mentioned might as well be on Saturn.

2 Likes

All I’m saying is, who can lay claim to be Truly Asia, or Truly Europe, Truly Africa, Truly America, for that matter?

I do love Malaysia (and Malaya before that), but Asia is such a vast land mass that it is beyond imagination a nation like Malaysia can solely declare “Yeah, we’re Asia” without a dozen other countries spitting out their Darjeeling.

2 Likes

What they mean here is that Malaysia truly represents a wide variety of Asian culture, which is true. There are so many kinds of people here. (I live in Malaysia). But yeah, I had the same thought when I first read the tagline.

1 Like

I really like the 2nd shortlisted one, I do like the mark on the one they chose but the typography makes me cry.