Volkswagen unveils new brand design and logo

“clean” is a relative term. Thorium still produces radioactive waste. But it decays several orders of magnitude faster than uranium.

It isn’t the oil and green lobby causing the biggest issue.
It’s the Defense Weapons lobby. You can’t make weapons with thorium based fuel. At least not as easily. There’s no money in it there.

I should have said it’s relatively clean since it only produces small amounts of low-level radioactive waste (tritium, the stuff that makes watch dials glow) with a short half life of about 12 year as opposed to the highly radioactive byproducts of uranium and plutonium fission with half lives of around a 100,000 years.

Thanks for the video on thorium fission. I’ve never quite understood why it hasn’t been pursued more aggressively. Adapting the technology used for uranium reactors to work with thorium doesn’t seem prohibitively expensive, but I could easily be underestimating that.

Looking out across campus from my office window right now, I can see the building where the cold fusion fiasco took place a few years ago, when a couple of chemists thought they had discovered a way to fuse hydrogen in a test tube. It’s too bad they didn’t know what they were doing.

1 Like

I thought this was an interesting over the years comparison. I wouldn’t call it a new logo. It’s a tweak of a logo that has been around for a long time.

1 Like

The Mandela Effect hits again, I always thought the V and the W were connected :thinking:

2 Likes