Wanting to create (or pay) for my own website

I need a better website for my business selling Custom watercooled PCs. I’ve come across this website and I want to replicate this level of quality. I have my own wixsite as is but its not the same level as this.

OPSYS will come up if you search on google.

How much roughly would it cost to get something like this done? or what platform (wix, wordpress etc) would I need to use to be able to acheive it?

I don’t have a huge budget a few hundred pounds. I only need a few pages. Just for the main home page and a space for order queries.

The OPSYS website is a small, brochure website without size, logistical, or technical issues contributing to the cost. Wix or any other basic drag-on-drop site couldn’t handle it, but any CMS could be used (for example, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla. and others). So far, you’re within your budget of a few hundred pounds.

However, I doubt you could find an off-the-shelf template/theme that will give you what you’re after, so that template/theme will need coding. Unfortunately, your budget likely won’t pay for this unless you can find a suitable off-the-shelf template that can be easily modified.

The most difficult and expensive part, however, is the user interface. As you noticed, it’s well-done and eye-catching and the animations are also dynamic, targeted, and attractive. In other words, it was designed by a talented and, more than likely, expensive web design agency. At this point, you’ve exceeded your budget by many times over.

I quickly looked at the underlying code. The site was designed by D3R, with studios in Chichester (in Sussex) and London. I suppose you could contact them to ask how much they would charge to create something similar.

Thank you for that. Very helpful to know. I will get in contact with them and see how much it might cost. I can stretch my budget a bit if need be.

Thanks

Creating a website similar in quality and functionality to a professional e-commerce site can vary widely in terms of cost and complexity. The specific cost will depend on factors such as the features you want, the level of customization, the platform you choose, and whether you hire a professional developer or use templates.

Given your budget constraints and requirements, here’s a general overview of what you could consider:

1. Platform Choice: Both WordPress and Wix can be suitable for creating a professional website, but WordPress provides more flexibility and customization options. You can use WordPress with WooCommerce (an e-commerce plugin) to build an advanced online store.
  2. Templates or Custom Design: If you’re looking to replicate the quality of the website you mentioned, a custom design would likely be necessary. While templates are more cost-effective, they might not provide the exact features and design you’re aiming for.
  3. Web Developer: Hiring a professional web developer or a design agency can ensure a high-quality result. However, development costs can vary widely based on the complexity of the project and the developer’s rates. A few hundred pounds might be insufficient for a fully custom website.
  4. DIY Approach: If you have limited funds, you could explore creating a website yourself using platforms like WordPress or Wix. While you might not achieve the same level of customization as a professional developer, you can still create a functional and visually appealing website.
  5. Prioritize Key Features: Given your budget, prioritize the most essential features for your website, such as a clean and user-friendly design, clear product listings, and a functional contact/order query form.
  6. Content: Quality content, including product descriptions and images, is crucial for showcasing your Custom watercooled PCs effectively.
  7. Responsive Design: Ensure the website is responsive, meaning it works well on various devices including mobile phones and tablets.
  8. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Consider basic SEO practices to help your website rank better in search engines.
  9. Hosting and Domain: Keep in mind that you’ll need to purchase a domain name and hosting service.
  10. Testing and Launch: Thoroughly test your website before launching to make sure all features work as intended.

Ultimately, while you might not be able to achieve the same level of complexity and quality as a larger budget project, you can create a functional and professional website with careful planning and by focusing on the most important features. It’s also worth considering incremental improvements over time as your budget allows. If you’re unsure about the technical aspects, seeking advice from web professionals can help you make informed decisions.