What am I missing tonight?

The entire internet is weirdly quiet tonight. Or at least my corner of it. I’m bored. Is there some weird happening going on that I’m missing?

2 Likes

I’m not sure … I was thinking much the same … did everyone take the day off from the internet and not tell me?

:smiley: :wink:

I’m still around — just keeping quiet.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought it was awfully quiet today. Right away my mind turned to conspiracy theory, though I doubt it.

1 Like

LOL! Too much quiet. Even the youngsters over in the discord server I hang out in are weirdly quiet, though the adults seem to be popping in sporadically now. There were only something like 14 posts all afternoon in a server that usually has over 300 per hour.
I thought something earth shattering was going on and I was missing the fun.
Guess not.
I guess it’s bed time.

1 Like

Did seem quiet today. I was down in my basement shooting for a big chunk of the afternoon, and we went to some friends’ house for drinks and appetizers after work – a much needed time with dear friends of 20 years. Chillin’ a bit now before bed.

1 Like

A friend put me on to this; the idea being, if during lockdown you are bore with your view, look out of someone else’s window for a change. Weirdly compelling…
https://window-swap.com/

2 Likes

Whew, there’s a good number of windows there that make me appreciate mine more and more.

Well that’s neat :smiley: I was just in France :smiley:

That’s fun.

I’m going to watch this one for a while.

1 Like

Hmm. I’ve had this window down in my dock and was looking at it periodically throughout the day. The shadows seem unnaturally stationary.

They’re not live. I flipped through them this morning, and again at lunch and got the same images.

Found out why the internet was dead the other day. Big outage on Cloudflare. Took out a lot of the EU and some big gobs of the US. It took em longer than 27 minutes to sort out the traffic aftermath. And all caused by one line of bad code!

1 Like

Each shot is a 10 min loop recorded with sound and uploaded - first one I saw was of sunset in Manhattan at the wrong time of day. There is blurb somewhere on the site that explains it all.

1 Like