What are your favorite YouTubers?

That is the first song I heard by them and I just love old school tube amps and instruments, and the singer is using no effects on his voice at all. Simple but clean and tasty blues rock & roll.

Try White Bear by the same group.

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Seriously, between the two of them there is no need to pay for photoshop tutorials at all.

Forgive me, but if you are a beginning designer, I always get the “Adobe Classroom in a Book” for Photoshop and Illustrator. They are cheep as dirt and go through each tool in a hands on manner.

I’ve been a subscriber to his channel for a while. Epic Photoshop skills.

Steve, have you seen the Horizontal Curve tutorial? It’s amazing.

Also, I love the 1 minus photoshop tutorials. I go through them all about once a month to bone up on skills.

Here’s the Horizontal Curve tutorial. Advanced users will see an amazing amount of potential in this creative trick.

2 Likes

I have not seen that video before. That’s some next level juju right there.

Yeah, I think in this vid he even says “don’t tell” about this trick lol.

I also like watching My Self Reliance.

This guy has built his off grid cabin in the Canadian woods. They are very high quality videos. The scenery and sounds are soothing and lovely. Check out Shawn’s channel for more Log Cabin Building, Woodworking, Bushcraft, Survival Skills, Cooking, Canadian Wilderness exploration, Hunting, Fishing, Off Grid Living and more adventures with Cali the Golden Princess.

Backstory he started all this a few years ago when his kids were all off to college and making their own life. The Wife will be moving in permanently and the house will be sold once he has it just the way he wants it. I personally feel it will never be the way he wants it because it’s one, big, evolving man cave :smiley: But, that’s ok … he loves doing it and I love watching it. :wink:

I’m not the only one … he just broke 1M subs :slight_smile:

I watch PewDiePie and Dude Perfect. They both are very entertaining and funny channels.

This video about how a photographer built his income on YT popped up as recommended.

RKK, you’ve given me a new bunch of videos to watch.
That guy Shawn and his cabin are quite the odd mix of modern and rustic.
He packs in a lot of conveniences too. And have you noticed a lot of his meals are for two? You forget his wife is often there running the camera. LOL. Otherwise, just setting up some of those shots would take longer than the day’s work he is doing.

1 Like

I really enjoy his videos. I’ll never build a cabin in the woods … but if I ever do it will be just like his lol :smiley:

There is something very soothing about his videos as well. Quite well done. And yes I’ve noticed most meals are for two. She doesn’t care to be on camera much. I think she is much happier filming :wink:

Great series to get lost in. He went to Alaska not too long ago and the footage was amazing.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

I just watched one of his videos and skimmed through a couple more. I can’t hardly imagine anyone making planks from an ax-felled tree with a handsaw and a plane. Does this guy’s muscles ever get tired?

I noticed a Husqvarna chain saw in one of the videos. I also noticed the markings left by a circular mill saw on one of the planks he was carrying. I half expect there might be a few off-camera power tools hiding out in one of his sheds and a Home Depot on the other side of the lake.

1 Like

He has power tools. He uses them quite a bit actually. But, sometimes he wants to show that it can be done by hand. When I was watching him build the Vanity with only hand tools I literally said out loud … ‘‘OMG bring on the power tools’’ lol :smiley: No way I could be that patient.

My friend Mike Killen has great content pertaining to sales, pricing and more. He’s always entertaining too.

WP Elevation has excellent content about running a business and building websites.

Anne Bracker does a lot of tutorials on Graphic Design How To.

Henry Kaminski has some good stuff.