– count
– formulate a full, complete, grammatically correct sentence
– punctuate
– make a decent cup of coffee.

What else can a designer not do?

1 Like

Oh … and draw.

Far as I can tell, the only things I can draw are
– money from my bank (when there is some)
– blood, and
– a wrong conclusion.

3 Likes

Based on my own experience, many clients think we can’t even design anything as well as they can. :wink:

For the same reasons, we apparently can’t think, reason or intelligently decide much of anything on our own without supervision. We’re basically tools for clients to use as they see fit — usually to implement their brilliant ideas because they don’t have time to learn the software.

4 Likes

We aren’t capable of making good decisions without the help of folks relatives. That is super helpful. :wink:

As for coffee though … I wouldn’t subject anyone to my inability to make it. Sort of why I stopped drinking it at home.
I leave it to the professionals :smiley:

1 Like

I see it like this. If you want to stand out in the graphic design field, you need to:

– read
– write
– spell
– count
– formulate a full, complete, grammatically correct sentence
– punctuate
– make a decent cup of coffee.

3 Likes

zpeec frr urslv!!

2 Likes

Earn a decent living apparently …

2 Likes

Might I add …

– Staying sober
– Staying rational

1 Like

Then you are no longer a graphic designer. You are thus an accountant’s secretary (or administrative assistant or whatever).

1 Like

Wait.

What?

They’re not the same thing?

3 Likes

jump?

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

Now that you mentioned it – of course they are.

1 Like

Read minds.

Decipher “Make it pop”.

2 Likes

“Make it pop.”
(sound of designer head exploding.)

1 Like

No. It would be more like a whimper.

Luscious Pink

4 Likes

Damn! You just described at least a handful of my clients. Well, I passed it on to the press guy. Not my problem anymore.

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen them before, the “Off Register” videos are funny as heck for anyone in the industry.

Just don’t forget to bring your own Fenatny Rod.

1 Like

Oh no, I can do all these things and most of them well… is this why I’m having trouble finding a new in-house position? Was I not a designer all along?!

Although the three words “make it pop” increase my blood pressure immediately, so there’s hope for me yet, right?

2 Likes